First Sculpt

Pooka

Well i hope I am doing this right and the pictures show. been really busy over the past while sorting out my stuff for the college. I have tons of pictures, from skin suit to armour and scenery. Its all go here and its all got to be completed by Tuesday. Hard going but every hour of the day is being dedicated to it and once its all done I'll upload pictures. for the moment though heres a few shots of my sculpt. First time ever doing anything with clay so please be gentle... but constructive. thank you.

predsculpt1003.jpg

predsculpt1007.jpg

predsculpt1008.jpg

predsculpt1009.jpg

Thats a great start bud. I will give you my input (constructive i swear lol) i would make the upper teeth in the mouth area closer together and smaller. I would also thicken up your upper and lower mandibles, maybe make your upper mandible teeth thicker and less rounded - more angled and sharper.

Can defiantly see the P1 shape definitions in there and see your own additions using the smaller teeth/horns on the lower mandibles - nice touch. Overall, this is a very nice piece, great work! I like where this is going, keep it up

Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it. I was hoping for a wee bit of input before I did the mold and have read this too late.... however..... I did my mold last night.. and it crumbled.... so i'm going to piece the sculpt back together again today and I will change everything you have said. Thats great unput.. As my mold didnt turn out and I'm on a time limit.. i'm going to have to wing it and paint the latex straight onto the mold.. panic is releasing it from it.. and the latex wont have enough stretch to just lift straight off. so might have to just do a cut at the back and hide it in with the dreads. Thanks so much again for your input. Really appreciate it.

I have resculpted. It took 17 hours but it was worth it. I took on board all your suggestions and it looks much better. Will get pictures up soon.

Does anyone know if I can mix in Mastix spirit gum with the first acrylic paint or does it have to be pros aid? Thanks.

Well didnt do too bad for the show. didnt get thwe armoury completed in time. Its still in the kitche and I didnt get the gloves, I still have to sort out some hiccups but on the whole considering the time limit I had it went well. He was definately one of the more popular ones, with people commenting great things and actually getting pictures with him.

380206_377386742303143_100000954600176_1010343_1777799499_n.jpg

546452_377389995636151_100000954600176_1010420_256665981_n1.jpg

it's pretty awesome to sculpt and then be able to wear your creation....

nice 1st attempt. you will only get better.

Man, for a 1st attempt i think it was great, I will defiantly look back in and see how you are improving. I am going to attempt my first sculpt around Nov when I have the time. What did you use for the mold if you dont mind my asking. You said it crumbled, did you switch to something else the second time around?

Hi. Thanks for the replies. Thats not me wearing the outfit. I'm the woman with the Pred. I have tons of pictures. i have them on powerpoint though so dont know if I can load up a powerpoint onto here. My graded portfolio has been handed in to college so will know in a couple of weeks if I have got an A or not. I was hoping for an A with distinction but thats 96 marks out of a 100 which is quite difficult to get so a high marked A I would be happy with. got 86 out of 100 last year so would be really nice if I beat my past mark. I will be doing another one at some point and redoing the mold using Ultracal and Burlap instead. i used alpha which I know someone on here used, but it went wrong. I didnt have any more time to redo another mold so i resculpted and applied latex to the sculpt itself and then removed the clay from the inside to leave the mask. I lost my sculpt in the process but the main thing was to get ready for the show. Theres still loads that i know am not happy with, like no netting for the body, couldnt get the gloves made in time, he wore new rocks coz didnt have time for the feet, and I was so tired that I forgot I bought resin to make the teeth so used the ends of four dreads instead. I will go back to this and finish it off properly, but when my college course has ended as got tons of work still to do.

Good luck, I took Art we had to get 60/60 to get A* which i would assume is the equivalent of A with distinction. I got 59/60 so only ended up with an A. Great build

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back