First Pep... Need tips

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Thorr, May 22, 2012.

1. Thorr

Thorr New Member

Hi all, I'm completely new to this type of thing and I'm starting to get a little frustrated with pepping.

Im trying to create the Iron Man Mark III Helmet design modeled by Sharkhead and unfolded by Dubean but I'm having a lot of trouble folding and putting together all of the small pieces.

The smaller pieces are so tiny that even the Edge iD numbers are crowded together to the point that they are not even legible.

Am I doing something wrong here?

2. zeafour

zeafour New Member

Nope not really... its difficult and takes a lil bit of time to get a rythem and technique down. Your really should start with something easier with bigger pieces, and less small edges.. Try pepping out an arm gauntlet or shoulder piece. Figure out how the pepekura works for you, and come back to the helmet after you gained some practice and experience...

its your first post... give yourself some time

3. -VERTIGO-

-VERTIGO- Well-Known Member

One thing I didn't realize and I just cut parts out and through them in a folder, organization is key. Keep each pages of parts together, it'll make them WAY EASIER TO FIND, I made the mistake my first time of just piling the parts into one folder and having to sort through them. As well as having the file open and using Check Corresponding face to find your parts and where they should go next. Definitely do something simple. I'm in the same boat I decided to pep a helmet my first time out and I'm still working on it. Not to mention having to reprint, recut, and score numerous parts. I understand it better now but I'd definitely had done something more simple if I knew what I was in for to start with.