First Order Snowtrooper....who wants to get started on this?

tubachris85x

Master Member
Being an uber Snowtrooper fan, I can't resist the urge of getting this costume put together. I've made albums of all the available photos I could get!

HYWgWpu.jpg

Album -FULL BODY- C7 2015

Album - HELMET- C7 2015

Album - TORSO- C7 2015

Album - BACKPACK- C7 2015

Album - ARMS- C7 2015

Album - LEGS/BOOTS- C7 2015

Now I already started researching the boots as those appear to be the only "found" item on the suit...which leads me to believe that the Kamik Canuck Snow boots are what they used...and sure enough, the white ones being next to impossible to find.

41RO34IyVDL._SY395_.jpg

cMketWa.jpg

What I may do is buy a pair of the black ones and paint it white using plasti-dip

Something else I noticed concerning the side-straps

LoBmURw.jpg

Lower Legs have material added to make the boot "taller" or cover pre-existing boot extension

NqV53pn.jpg

I'm curious to see who will be up for crafting the components though...I'd definitely want to see the helmet made for sure!

Last edited:
If my memory serve me correct the original stormtrooper boots are black or another color but painted with white leather paint. Maybe the boots are painted over? Or I could be wrong and they were just specially made for the movie.

My question is... How the hell do you see out of that helmet? That visor is tiny. It looks like you'd be pretty much blind in that helmet. o_O

Yeah, just like snow goggles, you look though a small slit to prevent snow blindness (which really sucks!). Plus it would have WAY more visibility than my Iron Man helmet!

Yeah, just like snow goggles, you look though a small slit to prevent snow blindness (which really sucks!). Plus it would have WAY more visibility than my Iron Man helmet!

It's not that much more difficult to see out of than wearing a mando/Fett helmet....just don't have that center-vertical portion and it's essentially the same as what we've got here with the new snowtooper.

Really looking at the boot in the closeup picture on the mannequin,it kinda looks like they did paint them white, which adds to the weathering look, but just an opinion.

My question is... How the hell do you see out of that helmet? That visor is tiny. It looks like you'd be pretty much blind in that helmet. o_O

I imagine the best way to see out of it, while not wearing the helmet disproportionately low on your head, would be to rig it with some kind of camera/goggle system. They've been around for a while, but have recently taken off in the drone racing crowd. You'd lose depth perception, of course, but seeing out of a trooper helmet has never quite been too easy anyhow. After a quick google search, I came up with these:

http://www.getfpv.com/fatshark-pred...gle_shopping&gclid=CKeyzsuJiMUCFVIV7AodQyIAbQ

You might have to get inventive and either remove the plastic housing, or redesign the headset entirely to get a slimmer form factor when worn under the helmet. I also don't know if there's be any antenna issues being that close, but eletronics-savvy people might just hardwire it in anyways.

I imagine the best way to see out of it, while not wearing the helmet disproportionately low on your head, would be to rig it with some kind of camera/goggle system. They've been around for a while, but have recently taken off in the drone racing crowd. You'd lose depth perception, of course, but seeing out of a trooper helmet has never quite been too easy anyhow. After a quick google search, I came up with these:

http://www.getfpv.com/fatshark-pred...gle_shopping&gclid=CKeyzsuJiMUCFVIV7AodQyIAbQ

You might have to get inventive and either remove the plastic housing, or redesign the headset entirely to get a slimmer form factor when worn under the helmet. I also don't know if there's be any antenna issues being that close, but eletronics-savvy people might just hardwire it in anyways.

I don't think that you'd need to get all that sophisticated to see out of it, from the looks of the eye slits are pretty much in line with your eyes so the simplest solution would be to put some sort of mask, for lack of a better word, that goes around the slits on the inside and sits around the eyes so that it focuses your eyes on the slits more than the space around the inside of the helmet. It's not perfect but I think that it would help with the limited field of view and would be a lot easier than trying to rig some sort of electronics which I think wouldn't improve your view all that much anyhow.

I don't think that you'd need to get all that sophisticated to see out of it, from the looks of the eye slits are pretty much in line with your eyes so the simplest solution would be to put some sort of mask, for lack of a better word, that goes around the slits on the inside and sits around the eyes so that it focuses your eyes on the slits more than the space around the inside of the helmet. It's not perfect but I think that it would help with the limited field of view and would be a lot easier than trying to rig some sort of electronics which I think wouldn't improve your view all that much anyhow.

That would likely work for a lot of people, no doubt. However, speaking from experience wearing Stormtrooper, Clonetrooper, and Boba Fett helmets, they aren't always the easiest to see out of since you're not always looking out of what you think you'd be looking out of, and those helmets have more physical visor area. Taking away any vertical "cheats" (such as in the case of Fett or Clones), shorter people, or folks with shorter necks might find it challenging to see out of without the helmet resting on your shoulders (going back to my "wearing the helmet disproportionately low" remark). The camera idea is just a possible solution, but we won't know anything about vision in these bad boys until we get to wear them, of course.

I got to check out the costume at Celebration and instantly fell in love with it. A friend of mine got a ton of reference pics of it. I'll try to get him to post them here.

I like the fact that the helmet is the same as the flamethrower helmet just modified with a face piece and dome covering it. We also noticed that you can peek behind the chest piece and see a black buckle/strap probably a shoulder strap for the backpack. The backpack had some minor chips and it appears to be made of fiberglass. Black band on helmet and shoulders were obviously decals. Looks like it won't be too difficult to make, the fabric pieces will take some time to make an accurate pattern.

I got to check out the costume at Celebration and instantly fell in love with it. A friend of mine got a ton of reference pics of it. I'll try to get him to post them here.

I like the fact that the helmet is the same as the flamethrower helmet just modified with a face piece and dome covering it. We also noticed that you can peek behind the chest piece and see a black buckle/strap probably a shoulder strap for the backpack. The backpack had some minor chips and it appears to be made of fiberglass. Black band on helmet and shoulders were obviously decals. Looks like it won't be too difficult to make, the fabric pieces will take some time to make an accurate pattern.

Good to hear! I've posted a lot of reference pics already. I've got more curtousey of members that were there that I haven't yet posted

If you got good pics (or were even able to) of that angle to show the strap under the chest piece, that'd help alot!. The backpack being fiberglass? It's certainly possible, but sounds heavy

As for the fabric, my friend and my XO for the Blizzard Force found a neoprene material ALREADY with the polyester/jersey-style fabric on the inside, which looks remarkably identical to the material on the suit, and it's not that expensive at about $12 a yard. The hardest thing being, developing accurate patterns and getting someone who can sew the gloves. We feel that the Matrix-style duster pattern that's common can be used as a BASE pattern, of course, adding the extra details. Another thing to note, is a split on the rear-center of the "kama" portion of the duster which is not on the original snowtrooper.

The boots, I just bought a pair of the size 14s in black and I'll just paint them but I'm glad to have ID'd them!

As

- - - Updated - - -

Love the new Snowtrooper.

Having some fun in Rhino3d tonite. Need to finetune the fillets on the mic tips, but it's a start. Will move on to sculpting the helmet, which will be a nice challenge.

Cheers,
Wasili

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/...oper/Wasili - Snowtrooper wip 001e_resize.jpg

I'll certainly be following any future progress!!! Join the Blizzard Force forums..we'll definitely give you a warm welcome!!

Unlike the TKs I love this helmet design, very cool looking! Overall this costume looks more reminiscent of OT era.

Nailed some white boots on Ebay for $60. Working on the fabric, only two places that I found are sold out and goes for $19-$24 dolloars a yard.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back