First official image of Obi-Wan from D+ (props/costumes discussion only)

Screenshot (126).png

I did some 'enhancement' on the image. I'm curious if they went with the TFA root of covering the whole graflex clamp with stainless steel. I can't seem to see the logo on the side in this pic or another shot I have.

Assuming they are using a Graflex, the emitter section has the bunny ears facing right from the bubble strip. Maybe they used a Romans like in ep9?

There's a slight reflection in the scene that's telling me they covered over the logo like on the TFA. Let me know what you think :)

Last edited:
1579733[/ATTACH]
Screenshot (135).png
Screenshot (126).png
"MAN this got me excited"]

Attachments

• Screenshot (130).png
    Screenshot (130).png
    152.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
View attachment 1579732

I did some 'enhancement' on the image. I'm curious if they went with the TFA root of covering the whole graflex clamp with stainless steel. I can't seem to see the logo on the side in this pic or another shot I have.

Assuming they are using a Graflex, the emitter section has the bunny ears facing right from the bubble strip. Maybe they used a Romans like in ep9?

There's a slight reflection in the scene that's telling me they covered over the logo like on the TFA. Let me know what you think :)

It looks covered to me, based not on the presence of absence of a logo but based on the warmer, stainless color of the clamp – that's how the veneer on the TFA/TLJ looks.

Edit: I just ordered another clamp cover from Roy. That'll cover up all the rust on my vintage clamp nicely.

I hate to say it, but seeing the Kenobi saber on screen I'm starting to like it. The balance pipe feels large compared with the ROTS sized body, but it kind of works?

Last edited:
Also: it thrills me that a closed lever is finally screen accurate, because that's how I did mine.

Only problem is I can't tell if it has the lever washer or not.

View attachment 1579732

might want to spoiler warn everyone, i ruined it for some people back with the yoda saber in another thread.

View attachment 1579732

I think it's too early to say. We can barely see the square holes in the clamp. From this angle I don't think we'd see the logo.

What is up with Obi-Wan saber in this shot? I swear it looks like they used the Hasbro FX. But that wouldn't have been made yet. So weird. The grenade section fine in other shots.
sketch1653661311347.png

Really weird that they decided to show up a ROTS based version near an ANH version instead of making the same choice for both lightsabers. Also, while not very experienced in the prequel trilogy, I'm sure to remember that the diameters of the prequels lightsabers were all smaller than the respective OT ones. I would therefore like to ask exactly how much the diameter of the "clamp" section of the Kenobi ROTS lightsaber is compared to an original Graflex clamp.

Last edited:
The buckle piece is interesting - I almost believe that it’s a made component. The hook section looks to even thicker at the flat section which attaches to the beltC - tapering off to a few mm at the hook section.

Attachments

• C184C850-36EF-48D9-AAD5-572A4F9EF95B.jpeg
    C184C850-36EF-48D9-AAD5-572A4F9EF95B.jpeg
    539.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 0749225C-1867-42C6-ADFF-B369DA758307.jpeg
    0749225C-1867-42C6-ADFF-B369DA758307.jpeg
    481.9 KB · Views: 164
  • A37E7BB3-E9D6-4516-8E88-9E7C83AF973B.jpeg
    A37E7BB3-E9D6-4516-8E88-9E7C83AF973B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
So, anyone working on an accurate pattern for the robe/jacket Ben wears? Or better yet making and selling one for those of us whose cosplay has thus far managed to avoid having to sew ourselves? I can wrap my head around making his cowled tunic but I’m very intimidated by the unique design of his outer wear!

So, anyone working on an accurate pattern for the robe/jacket Ben wears? Or better yet making and selling one for those of us whose cosplay has thus far managed to avoid having to sew ourselves? I can wrap my head around making his cowled tunic but I’m very intimidated by the unique design of his outer wear!
I'm waiting to see who might make one as well. Such a great design.

So it seems they went for a Vader ANH V1 lightsaber as per Anakin/Luke... Still trying to get some decent screenshot but if I'm not mistaken it should have all the right specs, short angled grips, bubble strip and even the nail in the clamp!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back