First official image of Obi-Wan from D+ (props/costumes discussion only)

I would have guessed the Ruger (of whatever variant) which was used as the basis for Greedo's blaster. But the Webley apparently fits the bill!

So I've looking at the booster in this saber. I'm still not sure if it's diameter. It looks as if it might be the same as the ROTS saber. Particularly now that I'm looking at higher resolution copy of the poster. (Also there is a card in the control box. I'm just crazy thinking otherwise.)
Screenshot_20220506-141237~2.png

But the thing I noticed this time. Is there isn't a gap between the fins of the booster and the pommel. Like there is on the HERO props from ROTS.
PXL_20220506_185048085.jpg

Now, call me crazy. But the prop that was shown on Twitter. I suspect it's different from the one on the poster, and that it has the gap between the pommel and booster. I think.....
832BAE0D-F0AE-42C4-B8C5-4B7124C1917A~2.jpeg

Attachments

• 832BAE0D-F0AE-42C4-B8C5-4B7124C1917A~2.jpeg
    832BAE0D-F0AE-42C4-B8C5-4B7124C1917A~2.jpeg
    744.7 KB · Views: 110
I'm curious of unused designs from the sequel trilogy have been dusted off or used as reference for TV designs. One design for the new trooper rifles was based on the FG42 with a pistol based on a cut down AK47 receiver and handle.

So I've looking at the booster in this saber. I'm still not sure if it's diameter. It looks as if it might be the same as the ROTS saber. Particularly now that I'm looking at higher resolution copy of the poster. (Also there is a card in the control box. I'm just crazy thinking otherwise.) View attachment 1572893
But the thing I noticed this time. Is there isn't a gap between the fins of the booster and the pommel. Like there is on the HERO props from ROTS.
View attachment 1572896
Now, call me crazy. But the prop that was shown on Twitter. I suspect it's different from the one on the poster, and that it has the gap between the pommel and booster. I think.....
View attachment 1572901
Much clearer photo, thanks for sharing joker

I really like Reva’s lightsaber design!
Me too!

I (Shadowfoil Props) will be doing a run of this saber with Phoenix Props, but we are waiting until the show finishes airing to get as much of that sweet 4K screen capture as we can. I did some preliminary renders from the first trailer but there are a lot of inaccuracies that popped up once we got these teasers from LFL on May 4th. Just reinforces why I'm waiting for the show to air before I move ahead with the drafting work.

That being said here is where I was from first trailer
275062035_361234435865500_5218805431347607102_n.jpg

and here is a quick markup of everything that I can already see I missed or interpreted incorrectly just from the additional reference we just got. Lots of little things, or shadows that looked like part of the ring, that I still can't for sure say are there or not. Obvious covertec addition in this promo gif as well that I didn't have and overall length looks longer with the ring sitting narrower on the ID.
Fusion360_7p5uJbhS23.png

Attachments

• tbrender_Main Camera_FullQuality_018.png
    tbrender_Main Camera_FullQuality_018.png
    11.4 MB · Views: 44
Someone did a mix up - personally, I think they nailed the costume. If the idea is that he’s lost the momentum in his life then this works so well. Considering his ANH costume Is a little more ‘polished’ and put together. I’m hoping to see a great transition in this series.

Attachments

• 5884F27E-8FFF-4D5A-91DC-73963733494C.jpeg
    5884F27E-8FFF-4D5A-91DC-73963733494C.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 204
As someone new to sewing with zero experience with pattern design/alteration: that baggy neck design with the shirt is killing me.

Sort of looks like a tunic with a built-in-bandana... almost? Either way, this new costume looks comfortable and I dig it.

FFS Ewan McGregor is a Highlander. He’s Scottish, he doesn’t age, he has a sword…

Continuity-wise his last 10 years in the desert must be suuuuuper rough. Maybe he gets on the Death sticks....
at least they didn't attempt to false age him for the show, that always looks god awful

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back