First official image of Obi-Wan from D+ (props/costumes discussion only)

Hate to interrupt your argument on sabers (not really) but since no one has posted it in this thread.

View attachment 1569126
Looks like part of the belt is a stirrup buckle?
I bought this off ebay as a close-enough part, and it fits the shape.

s-l1600.jpeg

I identified the boots back in January. The only downside is that they were discontinued by then. I wonder if the buckle hook portion was custom made. I've never seen a buckle set up like that before.

I identified the boots back in January. The only downside is that they were discontinued by then. I wonder if the buckle hook portion was custom made. I've never seen a buckle set up like that before.
The hook seems a bit out of place. It's so rough. It looks like a cleaned up relic or it could be something purposely made to look that way.
I think it's a found piece though. I think it would be cleaner and match the buckle better if they made it for the costume.

I suspect the buckle is a found piece. To me it looks slightly uneven, with one 'loop' being larger than the other.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'clasp' is just a bent piece of steel or such.

I meant to look at the chest box in more detail, but I’m not a costume guy. There is a point in the clip, where you very briefly see the back with 4 spikes, Where it attaches I don’t think that’s been shown before

I also saw this console which is beginning to be made.

19033B93-3FE1-471E-9F26-E98DB0B68135.jpeg

Last edited:
I dig Obi-Wan's blaster. Someone posted a picture of it on Facebook which was shared from that Lucasfilm Twitter post.
View attachment 1572500

Thanks for posting this, I love a new old blaster!! This has got to be an old air pistol. Webley? Time to start digging...

Boom! Webley Mk I air pistol. Not sure if they all had the Webley logo on the grip, will need to look for variants. I've been eyeing this pistol for a while anyway after so many air guns showed up on The Mandalorian. To quote (new) Scotty, this is exciting!

Attachments

• AGM147.feature_3.4-1024x768.jpg
    AGM147.feature_3.4-1024x768.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 149
Looks like it’s the base model, but quite heavily modified/redesigned. I guess the protocol now is to find a real world pistol, model it, modify it and then manufacture it?

It's interesting, for a lot of the recent movie stuff they've gone with stuff based on real gun designs, but fabricated everything. For the shows there's a lot more use of existing pieces. They seem to be favoring old pistols, air pistols in many cases, and I think most are based on real or replica weapons, not complete fabrications. For this one it looks like they pretty much just added an assembly under the barrel, greeblie on the back, and a couple other details. Similar to what they did with some others on Mando - Toro Calican's pistol is basically a straight up Webley Hurricane with fabricated barrel and M38A2 scope. I don't see anything else on this one that screams found part, but could be.

As per usual, they've choses an EXPENSIVE pistol. Jerks. ;) Time to go in search of bargains!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back