First of 2 Predator Kit reviews

BENSIN

Sr Member
OK, firstly, my reviews are typically filled with a lot of vulgarity and caps lock exclamations followed by a lot of exclamation points and number ones, !!!!!1111one. I'm going to cool it down a notch and try to do a well worded review.

SO ANYWAY...

A few months back, you guys may remember DE (DisturbedEarth) posted up some samples of a SuperEdge 'Invisible Hunter' sculpted by S. Hayes. Well, after seeing those images, I have to say I was quite impressed, the details with the little spots and also how he did the eyes really jumped out at me. I had to see this for myself, in person, so I've been meaning to get a P2 kit built and painted for a while, heck, I sent it over to DE and let me just say, HE DID NOT DISAPPOINT!

Let me also say, the Predator's face is pretty vicious, I mean the thing looks like it jumped out of my TV and shrunk down to 1:6 scale! The kit came with two right hands, one open and able to hold the Disc weapon, and one clutching the combi-stick / staff weapon. He did both of them up in a way where I could attach either one at my leisure, simple to do for a pro, but goes a long way for knuckle heads like me who can't build or paint worth a damn...so basically that was an awesome touch, they both fit flush and it's pretty much hassle free. Words don't do much, so you can see the pictures for yourself, I happen to be displaying P2 with the combi-stick at the moment as you'll see in the images. The first things that jump out at you are the insane details, the total screen accuracy and like I mentioned earlier, the Predator's eyes, and they line up perfectly. You can tell this hunter means business.

One concern I had with this kit was its stability issues, I mean in that pose, he might tip over if someone were to bump the display case or shelf, or whatever he's being displayed on/in. NO PROBLEM, he did up a simple custom base for me, which actually looks really good for a simple base, and stuck him on there. The base also adds a bit for more of a dynamic display instead of the Predator just standing there snarling. The build up is professionally executed and very solid.

Return packing was awesome, not a dent, scratch, crack, scrape, nothing damaged with it at all, pretty much ready to set up and display. AWESOME!

DE is a great guy to deal with, follows up to emails promptly. If you want yourself an intensely detailed kit with clean and precise paint application, give him a shout, YOU'LL THANK YOURSELF FOR IT! I'm sending my Narin Wolf Predator over to him. AMAZING JOB, DE! OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Also,
I'll be posting a review of the 'Destroyer' kit that I just recently got back from the talented hands of Mr. Dunaway later on as well, another highly detailed piece of art, so check that out!

OK, SO ON TO THE PICS AND VULGARITY!!! **** YEAH!

I DIDN'T DECREASE THE RESOLUTION ON THESE TOO MUCH, BUT CHECK THEM OUT IN FULL SIZE CUZ' OTHERWISE YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON THE DETAIL! LV, I GOT SHOTS OF THE EYES/FACE FOR YA SINCE I KNOW YOU WANTED TO SEE THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111ONEoneone

P.S. Yes, my *new* 'photo studio' now consists of two 8x11 papers, an old dresser and a white wall. Don't laugh

ok...go ahead, laugh.

Beny that paintup looks outstanding. I have that Sculpt sitting in storage in my closet. The detail on it blows me away and the casting is top notched. I think one if not the best P2 Kit out there. DE has done an outstanding job on this one. Thanks for sharin the pics and info with us.

P.S. Your photo booth is alot better then mine. :p

Beny that paintup looks outstanding. I have that Sculpt sitting in storage in my closet. The detail on it blows me away and the casting is top notched. :D I think one if not the best P2 Kit out there. DE has done an outstanding job on this one. Thanks for sharin the pics and info with us.

P.S. Your photo booth is alot better then mine. :p
Thank you for that sir.

Hey hey, yea man the casting and sculpt are very high quality and the paint job matches! DE just killed this one and blew it out of the water! Honestly looks like it jumped off the screen, that's how real it looks.

I remember hearing 'Want. Some. Candy. Wantsomecandy?' echoing through the walls the other night.....I SWEAR!!! OH, and is it coincidence that some of my other collectible items were SKINNED AND HUNG UP SIDE DOWN the next morning? I THINK NOT.

Great job! Bet you went "dot crazy" lol..
P2'S tend to do that to you...
Thanks for that..'dot crazy'? mee? hehhehhehe 'dot crazy' hehe huh? :D No.. uhh.. yes.. never hehehe.
Working on two other P2s at the moment so maybe just a little.
Seriously thanks for the comment. Coming from a great painter like yourself means a lot.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back