First Mask Sculpt

tehfailsafe

Ok. I cheated. It's zbrush, not clay.

I wanted to get the forms and everything down before I started flopping down clay. I was mostly trying to get proportions and sizes down, not sure how great it is.

Please critique and let me know where I'm off. specifically the back of the head, kicked my ass not knowing what's going on back there under those dreads...

p2_bust.jpg
p2_bust_profile.jpg
p2_bust_front.jpg
p2_bust_back.jpg

Looks pretty sick.

May want to "round" it out a little more and maybe bring the back of the head down a little more. The crown seems a little high and of course more dread holes (but I'm sure you knew that).

Very unique design. He's got a very snarly look to him. As for the back and under the dreads - there's just more dreads! About 4 rows all the way down the the neck. ;)

How long before you start sculpting this? it gave me a few ideas of another one i want to do and i would add some musle tone to the center of the head i ren into that and it looked like i stopped and did not finish it ( I of course did finish it)

This looks pretty freaking cool!!

Like the others have said, more dread holes (which you probably already knew) and the shape of the back of the head could be tweaked a bit.

Really love the look of it though. If it can be successfully translated to clay, it would be one bad ass mask!

Hey guys. thanks for the words!

I've been a bit distracted because I got a scott marshall raw mask that I've been focusing on learning to paint it up. I realized how big of a task starting with the mask sculpt and mold will be when I've never done any type of mold making or latex casting before. So I figured I would start by learning to mold the additional pieces on my raw mask, like the dreads and dreadbeads.

I definitely want to pick this guy back up, but will probably go a bit more P1 direction with him. I also think I want to go open mouth and try to incorporate some built-in servos for opening and closing the mandibles. But that might be too ambitious, we'll see...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back