First mask paintup

Tsurabisu

Hey everyone! After waiting forever for my prosaide, I finally can start my mask!

Here's the mask before I started anything.

Mymask.jpg

So, after putting a layer of the prosaide, I started with the base color.

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010-2.jpg

Once I got that down and let it dry fer a bit, I added the next color. I went darker on the ridges and down the center of the dome.

IMAG0015-1.jpg

IMAG0016-1.jpg

IMAG0013-1.jpg

Once I got to this part, the yellow in the mouth was starting to bug me, so I decided to put in the first coat.

IMAG0014-1.jpg

Unfortunately, I ran out of propellant for my airbrush when I was working on the mouth, so I have to buy some later today. But that's okay. it'll give everything a chance to dry nicely before I work on the next few layers. Here's a pic of how it's coming together so far.

IMAG0012-1.jpg

Let me know what ya think, one way or the other.

Laters.

-Tsu

Well, I'm about ready ta call this done. It needs a few touch ups in the mouth, but other than that, I think it turned out pretty good. Let me know what ya think.

IMAG0017-1.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0020-1.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

As I sat here typing this post, I was looking the mask over and I decided I didn't like the way the colors were on the crown. Like they hadn't blended together right, so I just redid it. Here's a new pic.

IMAG0024.jpg

Thanks for texting me these throughout the day! It was fun watching you paint it up! Are you going to add any spots or stripes to it? It's looking good! Really radical colors man... will look even crazier with the Beserker style dreads you've been working on!

That's definitely a unique color scheme. As I mentioned to you on Facebook, I was thinking that it could use some spots or something like that, sort of like the inverse of a regular Predator head. Maybe some really dark spots (like black) would work, or maybe some off-white spots. I'm just thinking it could use a little more detail. Then again, other people may think differently.

ya know, yer both right. Once I get my airbrush cleaned, I'll probably add a little extra up top. Maybe some really dark red spots would work. I'm gonna sketch a few out so I can see how it'll turn out. If it looks good, I'll add them. Thanks for the advice, guys! Keep it coming!

Alright. Here's a few pics of the spots. I didn't want them to look painted on, so I went over with another layer of paint.
079a7c32da50__1299829034000.jpg

IMAG0001-2.jpg

Thats certainly a different paint up :) but it would be boring if we painted masks all the same

i actually think the P2 shape suits a wide variety of paint schemes, and allows people to step away from the norm like you have , more so than the P1 shape.

looking forward to seeing it finished.

I like the spots. More detail is always a good thing. I'll keep watching because I'm sure the end result will come out very unique and interesting.

Newest update! Perma wet's just about dry. Looks like there's a couple spots that pooled and I missed. Any idea how ta get rid of them?

IMAG0002-2.jpg

IMAG0009-4.jpg

you've done a good job mate... i have to admit when i first saw the colours i was a bit sceptical maybe but it looks pretty damn sweet so far mate

Can you please take a picture of the "Prosaide" you used. I need to get some so I can start on my mask.. thanks. Im clueless of how to paint my mask haha. Yes I have watched about 3 huntorials now...But for some reason I just cant get it.

Here's what I used. http://www.monstermakers.com/product/pros-...l-adhesive.html I bought a lot, thinking I'd need it, but I ended up using maybe an ounce, I think? Pretty much, what I did is just paint it on with a paint brush. It'll brush on a milky white color, but it dries clear. As soon as it turns clear, you're ready to paint. Other people mix it in with the paint, though I'm not sure how. Also, there's a way to put it through an airbrush, but I hear that it gums up your brush pretty bad.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back