First Lucas retires, now Expendables 2 PG-13!

SVTStingRay

Sr Member
cause chuck norris says so!. the week of WTF

Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

In Expendables 2, there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay. For this reason, many young people wouldn’t be able to watch this. But I don’t play in movies like this. Due to that I said I won’t be a part of that if the hardcore language is not erased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13.

chuck sounds like he lost his balls somewhere. so much for the internet tough-guy talk. this man made his career out of killing human beings in more-and-more deprived ways but say one bad word OMG!

You know who you should be thanking? The studio. Because they wanted Chuck Norris more than they wanted a kickass action film.

Good for Chuck. Shows how tough he really is ! Stands up for his beliefs, against a world filled with degenerates, :) And kicks all their buttocks. You go Chuck.

Good for Chuck. Shows how tough he really is ! Stands up for his beliefs, against a world filled with degenerates, :) And kicks all their buttocks. You go Chuck.

:thumbsup

Seriously, why isn't there more posts like the one I'm quoting?

Wow... no vulgar, That automatically makes this a bad film, because we all know that memorable scene in Star Wars when Han starts cussing out Obi Wan... Wait, that didn't happen? So I guess cussing isn't needed to make a good movie. :cool

:thumbsup

Seriously, why isn't there more posts like the one I'm quoting?

Wow... no vulgar, That automatically makes this a bad film, because we all know that memorable scene in Star Wars when Han starts cussing out Obi Wan... Wait, that didn't happen? So I guess cussing isn't needed to make a good movie. :cool

That scene did happen. It will be on the super secret extended 4D cranial input version Uncle George gives us in 2022.

Ahhh my retinas. Not in bold! You guys did see the first film right? So you do understand a sequel without some naughty words and blown apart dudes is going to be somewhat lacking for those that enjoyed the first film, yes?

Chuck can hold those values and I applaud the man for them, but not in this film. No Chuck, not in this film.

That scene did happen. It will be on the super secret extended 4D cranial input version Uncle George gives us in 2022.
Is that after Uncle George's fifth or sixth retirement announcement?:behave

@ Moocriket: I don't remember reading that they were taking out the gore, I just read that they were taking out the vulgar... Are they even taking out the vulgar, or are they toning it down?

Is that after Uncle George's fifth or sixth retirement announcement?:behave

@ Moocriket: I don't remember reading that they were taking out the gore, I just read that they were taking out the vulgar... Are they even taking out the vulgar, or are they toning it down?

In that case, if it is only the language...I'll be A-okay. I just assumed that they would tinker with some of the action/gore as well:thumbsup

It would be great if Sly or the villain make fun of Chuck for this in the film, and Nicky...no ****, Sherlock. Were talking about an action film not an action forum.

Love ya ;)

Believe me, I get that you shouldn't have to make a movie with vulgarity, but removing the coarse language from The Expendables is like removing the spaceships from Star Wars. It's supposed to have that kind of camp value.

Hey I applaud Mr. Norris for his beliefs, but I'm just trying to figure out what type of "young people" he thinks are going to watch the Expendables.

1) 12-year-old Call of Duty players who are obsessed with using bad words as much as possible anyway -

2) Kids going to a movie with their parents to see people getting their bodies shot in half by shotguns? But it's okay, because there's no cussing...?

Seems like an all-around odd situation.

But hey I don't approve of swearing either. More power to ya.

I hate the fact that Chuck Norris is glorified, the guy is a total ****** bag. I can't stand him or his crazy ass views and opinions.

Hey I applaud Mr. Norris for his beliefs, but I'm just trying to figure out what type of "young people" he thinks are going to watch the Expendables.

1) 12-year-old Call of Duty players who are obsessed with using bad words as much as possible anyway -

2) Kids going to a movie with their parents to see people getting their bodies shot in half by shotguns? But it's okay, because there's no cussing...?

Seems like an all-around odd situation.

But hey I don't approve of swearing either. More power to ya.

This gets me too.. so "swear" words are "omg noooo" but shooting people in the face and blowing people up are ok?

Yeahhhh WTF.

I for one think this is awesome. I don;t use bad language, these is no need for it realy. I can exspress my self even when upset with out swearing.
This just shows how tough he is. Finaly some one standing up for what he believes.

People that use the term "vulgarity" should not be the target audience for this film anyway.
Hate when they try to make all movies for kids. :facepalm

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back