First Ever BIO sculpt!!

PROPper

Well after browsing this site for some time now, I decided to finally use my sculpting skills and put them to work. I wanted to create a unique bio with a mixture of several different premade bios. I have taken reference from the Wolf bio and a few concepts. My camera kinda sucks so its very difficult to make out all the fine detail. It looks way better in person. Also, I am unsure what to call this bio. I was thinking something like the SCOUT. I still have quite a bit of clean up and some detail left. I am also not finished with the laser housing. i just wanted to put something in place for a better idea. I hope you all like it. I will be molding this as soon as I can scrape some funds together. I will be selling them as well if you are interested. thanks guys for all the motivation.

p.s. critisism is very welcome. anything i can do to improve let me know.

predator_sculpt_bios_003.jpg

predator_sculpt_bios_011.jpg

predator_sculpt_bios_002.jpg

predator_sculpt_bios_010.jpg

Its unique alright. Looks more like one of those Predator Comic book Bio's. Should make a simple mold and cast it. I'm sure It'll look good all painted up with LEd's and stuff!

That looks awesome man. I love the armor pierce on the top. I picked up some clay this last weekend, and actually want to try my hand at this. If you don't mind, I am going to shoot you a PM about the process you took.

I think it looks great man. Love the coil down the side!

--Josh

awesome sculpt my 1 bit of crit is are you going to try mold over the tube bit on there or take it off to mold as you may have some problems with the silicone running under it you could try that flexy pipe if the silicone got court on whats on it now it could get trappt and mess the mold up in that part you are off to a very very good start on building and sculpt props :lol:

I have been sculpting now for a long time. I have been blessed with art skills ( so people say) so prop making is fairly natural to me. I will be taking the tubing off to mold and may look in to something better such as the flexy pipe. Thank you all for the crit.

Thanks alot guys for your input. Keep it coming. I am wondering about the molding process though. I wish you all could see it in person. It looks way better.

dude that is great looking bio there!
i just recently bought lots of klean klay so i could start to sculpt my own things too!
pretty soon i'll have something to show for it....

Love the design but I will give you some criticism of the very constructive kind. I believe you're missing a bit of the "jutting" nature of the predator mask, the lower front of the mask usually comes out a bit to accomodate the predator's lower tusks. It appears as though your mask may be a bit too flush in the front. Bringing the lower rim out a bit more should remedy the problem. This would be especially important if you ended up trying to make casts of this bio as it could be difficult to fit it over a mask.

Other than that man it's awesome if you left me alone in a room with a ball of clay for 50 years I couldn't come close to what you've done so don't take my feedback as anything but constructive, love what you've done to this point. :lol:

Hey guys thanks again. You are right Grindy. I really didnt take it into consideration. It is however only a concept. I do not plan on making the full costume. I just really dig the bios. I think the bio designs are amazing masks. I will mold this and use it as a wall piece. I like to be unique in my designs. I really try not to do anything to boring. So thanks again for all the feedback.

Kammo

i did try to keep it similar to original bios. I appreciate the compliments. I sculpted this on top of a homemade pred stand. It is made up of a wire base wraped in plaster roll. It is URATZ idea. he has a post here on how to make one.

that's a really sweet design..

like some above comments, you've captured the look of the hunter and making it your own.

AM

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back