First cosplay and contest EVER... Awarded Best in Show!

ROBBDOGG1986

I attended the Tampa Bay comic con this past Saturday on August 1, 2015 this was my very first cosplay suit that I've ever made and my first contest I entered and won best in show. I cannot believe the reaction that I got from people it was absolutely amazing . On another note somebody wants to buy or should I say a company wants to buy my suit so they can make their own version out of what I created .My question is should I sell it to them so they can produce it multiple times and make money off of what I created or should I just keep it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 192
Congrats man, that's an awesome costume and it must feel great to win your first time entering. Having never been in your position before, I can't see a downside to selling your suit besides the obvious one of not being able to keep it as a memento. As an artist in general I'd suggest working something out where they have to at least recognize you for creating the original design, and I'm sure somebody else in the community would know more about how much you'd want to sell the costume for and if royalties would be a possibility.

EDIT: also you should probably see about deleting the other 2 threads

Congrats man, that's an awesome costume and it must feel great to win your first time entering. Having never been in your position before, I can't see a downside to selling your suit besides the obvious one of not being able to keep it as a memento. As an artist in general I'd suggest working something out where they have to at least recognize you for creating the original design, and I'm sure somebody else in the community would know more about how much you'd want to sell the costume for and if royalties would be a possibility.

EDIT: also you should probably see about deleting the other 2 threads

trying to delete the others now lol

Hey! I saw you at TBCC! Your suit IS fantastic!
I would not give up your suit unless
1- you are not going to ever use it again
2- you received something really goid for your hard work!

It almost seems to me as if they'd be profiting off of your work - and that doesn't sit well with me.

Thats my two cents'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt bad a few times. I rushed to take it off a few times and to get to the contest. I was in SOO much pain walking in that thing. I couldn't stop to let everybody take a pic

Awesome! I thought TBCC was a bit of a let down this year. Not just because of the insane rain and lack of parking but it didn't seemed as well planned out as last years, or even Megacons was.

Awesome! I thought TBCC was a bit of a let down this year. Not just because of the insane rain and lack of parking but it didn't seemed as well planned out as last years, or even Megacons was.

Yeah. This years megacon felt the same. But compared to what tampa did a few years ago. It's gotten better

Competed against you in the contest (I was the armored Batman) and I knew I would lose to you as soon as I saw your costume. Great work!

Thanks bro! Honestly I felt the same about you lol. My kids loved yours! As well as myself. I wanted to walk around and meet everyone but I had to get the hell out of that suit! Great work you've done yourself man

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back