First Build Iron Man pep

Bhasbach

Hey Guys this is my first build ever and attempt at making anything that involves paper, resin and bondo. Im Pretty much done with finishing up all parts and some of them are already resin and fiberglass. I started the bondo on my chest piece (but it looks horrible) im going to attempt more sanding and see if it works.

I would appreciate any tips and advice! Thanks

Well I was just in a hurry and decided to see how it would look... I was just being dumb. I already stripped the paint from it and will attempt some sanding to see if it works

you went to thick on the bondo, use smaller coats, its going to take at least 3 and a crap load of sanding.

my tipp is make a new chest and work part for part

I'm with davy on this one. These things take a hell of a lot of time. You can save yourself hours of work if you have a good think about how you're going to approach the next bit. I've taken a few shortcuts in my own project and it's only come and bit me in the ass later on.

Stick with it man and maybe try a smaller piece to gain some practice and experience on before you tackle the big bits.

Chest piece turned out good. Tho I do have one question, how do you connect the parts that are separated. Im talking like the fore arm that has the 3 different pieces or the shoulder that is 2 pieces. Do I resin them separately? and how do I connect each other? Thanks for the help

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back