First Build: Iron Man Mark VI Aluminum Foam Build

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Materials dont cost too much, maybe around $300. Takes a lot of time though. Some fibreglass suits are cast out of molds and are much faster to make but all these pieces are cut by hand. And some edges are a bit sharp, not sure if i should try and add resin or putty to corners and edges, cause it will take away from its appeal. I havent got much work done. But i took a pic of me suited up with what i have finished. Currently doing right shin. Then right thigh and im done. But im going to redo many parts for less pieces and a bigger helmet.

So this is what i have done so far. I misplaced my right hip pod somewhere though. i have light installed in my gauntlets but still need my chest rt and eyes lit as well as a hinge or servo system if i can get one cheap. Right now the helmet is waaaay to tight, so i left the faceplate up to put it on. Anyone know a good metallic automotive spray paint for the red and gold? Ive already spent over $150 on different red and golds as trial and error. Anyone interested in trading suits or one of my helmets for a fibreglass one?

This is me in my helmet :) sharkmans foam helmet scaled at 90%. Going to redo the helmet at 95% and use smaller foamies. I used eva foam for this helmet which explains my ears being squished lol

Attachments

• photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 906
I havent put any updated for a while. But this is my finished Iron Man Mark VI suit. Made completely of Aluminum Sheet Metal and EVA foam underneath. I still have some few upgrades to do but these pics are all of me wearing my suit on Fri, May 4th opening day of the Avengers in downtown Toronto at the Scotia Bank Theatre. Let me know what you think.

Currently working on a War Machine and making a Mark II for a friend (unpainted).

Not sure how I missed this during my many Iron Man searches. Great job! I saw it asked earlier, but never saw an answer... what's the thickness on the aluminum?

I definitely wouldn't mind spending a couple of hundred dollars on materials for this type of Iron Man suit, if only I knew and had experience enough to build it.
Looks really good, beats any kind of plasic suits out there, this is as close to the real deal as it can get.

it really came to life once you painted it! one of the coolest IM buids i've seen! Love the pic of you behind the bar! thats where tony stark would be right?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back