First Build: Iron Man Mark VI Aluminum Foam Build

Thanks for all the compliments :)

I really think making the suit out of aluminum and Eva foam is the best way. I've seen fibreglass suits, foam suits and someone make a suit of aluminum as well. But using the templates and cutting then out of aluminum (1/8" thick") and Eva foam makes the suit light weight and strong enough to not tear.

So thanks to anyone who had any part in making the pepakura templates available and making them foam friendly.

The paint I used was automotive duplicolor paint. And I used a white mesh for the eyes to give me full visibility.

I still need to make knee and elbow cover and some tweaks here and there. I just finished my arc reactor today so I need to work on LEDs for the eyes that won't diminish visibility.

Working on a War Machine now and a Mark II which will remain unpainted for a friend.

As for the avatar girl they were promoting right outside the theatre. Maybe a sequel coming out?

There is some scraping between the parts. And since it is aluminum the paint scraped off on those parts. Mostly in the joints. but nothing too noticeable. Actually gives it a nice slightly battle damaged look.

hello mate i know u make it in an scale of 95% of the original molds i have a question how tall are u? u make all the pieces 95% or did u need to make any bigger or smaller?

Everything is standard scale except for the helmet that was scaled down to 95%. Not sure if it's cause the default scale is too big or I have a smaller head. I'm 6'1", 32" waist about 160lbs. And Everything fits perfect.

Been here awhile but never posted. Your build just changed that. Love it!

And awesome picture of you behind the bar!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back