First build and Post Mark III

B33Sting

Hey,

So after going to my first Comiccon I have decided I would like to build a complete Mark III set of armor.

I picked up the PEP files from Dancin_Fool (thank you kind Sir). and have done some reading on how to assemble, fibre glass, paint, bondo, etc.

There are still a few holes for me. I did some searches and found a lot of conflicting ideas. I figure since this will be my main resource for this project I should get some pointers from here in case i need assistance later down the line.

So, I found a YouTube video on how to scale armor. The problem is he used a "human Model" in pepakura to scale all his pieces. I tried importing but my helmet became tiny in the chest scale. Also, my pieces did not fit together like a human they imported side by side?

The helmet came as a separate file from the armor.....

1. is there a more beginner friendly PEP of Mark III or Mark IV
2. Advice for scaling?
3. Human model in Pepakura?

Edit: link to PEP files for reference and credit

http://www.therpf.com/f24/dancinfools-iron-man-mark-iii-pep-files-101543/

Any helpful advice is more than welcome

Thanks

Last edited:
Not to jump you offsite, but I found this on Dented Helmet How To Scale Your Pepakura Armour-Tutorial for how to scale your files and pieces. There should be enough images out there for you to find one that works for you.

Hey thanks for the reply. That is one of the posts i was talking about. It makes sense but, am I wrong that you need a picture a the armor your pep files are Using in scale? I can't just use any photo of a mark III right?

I think I am just going to use the file I have from DF start with the chest and measure point to point in pepakura and then use that scale....

I did some more reading On this site and it seems people are suggesting finding a scale that is big enough then scale each piece to that scale and modify to fit.

Do you think that will work? I don't think DF's scale is far off what I need. From what I read his is good for up to six feet. I'm 6'1" 235lbs.....

When I measured my chest it was only 5 mm larger so, I'm thinking I'll give it a shot.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back