First Blood Costume.

Raven1973

Just collated a 2nd screen accurate(ish) costume from the first part of First Blood.

The jacket is an original late 1960's M65 jacket. I added engine grease onto the neck line of the red sweatshirt collar to replicate the sweat from stallone like in the movie. I also have an original open face belt, Levis bootcut jeans, and of course screen accurate sleeping bag and boots...ready for the 30th bash in October in Hope BC where a lot of the exterior scenes were shot.

:)

Ironically when I distressed the patch, I used dirt from the piece of bridge that was used in the movie, that I had sent to me lol

jack1.jpg

jack2.jpg

jack3.jpg

jack4.jpg

jack8.jpg

jack6.jpg

jack5.jpg

You've totally nailed it!

Amazingly authentic!

Rich

Rich

Thanks mate.

The flag is very slighly different, but unless I had one specially made, thats the closest I can get. I have a screen accurate sleeping bag and boots too, which I will be wearing at the Hope BC First Blood 30th bash in October...its all good fun. :)

Where did you get the flag patch from? I need one for one of my M65 jackets.
Hey Keith,
An accurate flag patch for the M65 jacket is pretty hard to find. Actually according to worthopedia, it's very hard to find. So, I did a little search for you and found a seller on Ebay named "mastersretro" selling this patch and it's pretty close. They also have other two patches of 'sheriff' and 'U.S army' included in it. It's for around $20 though. You can have a look there and hope it helps you...

Cheers!!

Hey Keith,
An accurate flag patch for the M65 jacket is pretty hard to find. Actually according to worthopedia, it's very hard to find. So, I did a little search for you and found a seller on Ebay named "mastersretro" selling this patch and it's pretty close. They also have other two patches of 'sheriff' and 'U.S army' included in it. It's for around $20 though. You can have a look there and hope it helps you...

Cheers!!
Thanks for looking for me. The only problem is that the postage is the exact same price as the badges, so in total thats not far off what i paid for the original M65 jacket i was going to put it on.

I did a quick search on google with the keyword "flag patch m65 jacket" and scoll down till the bottom of the page to find this site: https://www.armynavysales.com/collectibles/patchesusflags.htmlag

They are selling almost all types of US flag patches and the waved version is also available at about $3.99. Hope this is good fit for you. they are based in Chicago bu not sure about shipping. You can visit the site and check out the details. Hope this will be helpful to you and so that your jacket is ready with the complete look.

Cheers,
Mark.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back