First Blaster Concept

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mediocre maker

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey All, used some of this covid time time knock out another "some-day" project. What I used: A Nerf blaster as my base and built on to it from there. A repurposed water supply line. Medical tape. Wooden dowel. Spray and acrylic paint. The story behind the design: A marauder type blaster with some enhancing modifications. Including a longer barrel and an energy/gas blow back hose for faster firing. What I learned along the way: Muzzle burn is hard. Those transparent airbrush paints would be perfect for that. I love the weathering process. I started off too dark over all and it took awhile to lighten everything up. I need to pull some reference material first. This was all in my head and I reached a point (at painting) when I didn't know where it was heading. Didn't give up and ended up really happy with it. Goes well with the lightsaber I created (previous post). What could I do to improve it next time? That where you come in. Leave me a comment.

Attachments

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.