First Bio!

Lee1

Hey guys

Picked up a cheapie on Ebay for a test run on Bio painting, this one here is for our eldest for his bedroom wall!

Went with a King Jamie Exectuioner style as he loved it, its based on, but not a carbon copy, placed in on my undermask to give it a better showing!

lee

Predator008.jpg

Predator009.jpg

Predator010.jpg

Yeah he wanted a real tribal looking lid, came out OK for my first, wasnt too impressed with the Bio, its a tad small on the undermask and cast pretty ******, but i guess you get what you pay for, in future all my Bio's will be from trusted members here to sidestep recasters.

lee

Why does everyone complain about bio's being a touch small? Unless you're over 6'5" you're going to look like a predator bobble-head using 1:1 masks and such....

Thanks Paul, may have to talk to you in the new year on a P1 too now hehe! As for complaining about the size Magnus, i WANT a larger Bio...why? 'cos im not wearing it, its for display so no worries about bobble heads, but the top crown does seem too small to my eye...and i have a good one still working buddy, i want that crown big as life, its MY preference!

lee

Thanks Paul, may have to talk to you in the new year on a P1 too now hehe! As for complaining about the size Magnus, i WANT a larger Bio...why? 'cos im not wearing it, its for display so no worries about bobble heads, but the top crown does seem too small to my eye...and i have a good one still working buddy, i want that crown big as life, its MY preference!

lee

That's a great paint job. Very original looking. And I agree on the crown, it looks a little too human in proportion. I prefer 1:1 stuff too, but I am 6'4" so hopefully when I get a full suit on the go with some feet lifts I'll be pushing 7' with a full size bio! And most sensible people know not to mock a 7' guy with blades on his wrists...

Umm at your size, i wouldnt mock you period LOL. Thanks for the comps bud, ive touched in some of the dremeled glyphs with gold, looks cool!
You hit the nail on the head with the crown, its way too small, and doesnt even touch my Monsterroom mask in the forehead!
Well i have a Mysteria cold cast alloy on the way which will fit better, and Pauls P2 Hero which i hear are huge so ill be a happy bunny soon lol.

lee

Don't worry, I am nice really. But just try calling me a bobblehead.... :D
The mysteria masks are great, I have the scar one myself. Is a great size, and even better, it fits the monsterroom half mask perfectly. I have it attached to mine with a couple of earth magnets and it's like they were made together!
I'm looking forward to seeing your paint up on a full size bio :D

Cheers buddy, thats yet another good feedback on the AVP scar Gerrard makes, its being shipped now im told, but seeing as i ordered the cold cast metal one, i had Gerrard finish this one for me, but i may tinker and add some glyph work...cant help myself lol.
The P2...hmm i may go nuts on that one, as i dont seem to be able to find many customs on this lid!
Oh and i am sadly a bobble head, 'tis why id not dress up as a Yautja, id look a bit silly being 5,10" and 110lbs or so, im a skinny runt LOL.

lee

Hey Lee, was that mask a regular P1 helmet that you customized with a dremel tool?

Was that a custom paint/markings by you Lee?

Looks Bad A$$ BTW.

Yes buddy, just a run of the mill crud cast from Ebay, i feel rather ****** in buying a mask like this as its probably somebodies hard work, but rest assured the guy who cast it wasnt too good....lets just say, uncured resin on delivery and a tri laser housing i had to grind off and scratchbuild...but it was just a quick two day test run on what i could do to a Bio Shaka!

My next P2 custom should...i hope, really rip!

All the carvings were just done off the cuff with a Dremel ballcutter, next time i wanna check out some fonts and get some intricate stuff on there....this really is addictive and a good breather from my usual Star Wars builds!

lee

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back