first bio update

skull collector

i sanded and patched up a couple of things ...then i primed it ...
now i painted it with black and metalic silver using sponges to give it a nice texture...thanks to hez huntorials on painting a bio using the sponges....but im not finished...im leting it dry and ill continue probably tomarrow..
elderwip14.jpg

elderwip13.jpg

elderwip15.jpg

thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your progress. :rolleyes:
Be sure to get some good pics in natural lighting when your done.

BTW, there's no need to start a new thread for an update. Just put it in a reply to your first thread.
-Shawn

sorry i havent posted anything new lately.. busy with work and school.. but im making some mods on the bio...
elderbio002.jpg

elderbiowip001.jpg

elderbio003.jpg

elderbio004.jpg

i got a brass spring door stoper ,cut it to fit..and the rubber endcap ..im planning on putting a blue led light in a hole on the endcap..the spring is slightly bent ..so the blue led light will show through....or im going to get a clear tube and have the blue led light in one end so the tube will glow .. not sure yet ...what i want ...but as soon as i do know i will post pics
thanks for looking :)

im still not finished.. but i did change the color .. since its a ancient elder bio..
this predator was hunting in mexico in the time of the mayans..so his bio helm..has mayan gold on it
thanks for looking.... please let me know what you think....

elderbiowip444.jpg

elderbiowip111.jpg

elderbiowip222.jpg

elderbiowip333.jpg

elderbiowip555.jpg

ok heres my test run of the lights on my bio... first are the blue led in the plastic tube... then the blue led in the brass spring ....let me know wich one looks better.........
elderbiowip661.jpg

elderbiowip777.jpg

elderbiowip888.jpg

elderbiowip999.jpg

elderbiowip1010.jpg

i still have more to finish but i think its comming along pretty good

I like the LED in the spring. The stopper on the end looks a little out of place but over all that was a great idea.

The blue tube looks like a glow stick.

thanks guys for you comments...its just so hard to come to a final choice ..when so meny ideas come in your head
but im going with the brass spring i think i works a lot better than the tube ,,even though with the tube shows more
of the blue led color...
im also thinking that im going to change the color ..on the bio.. maybe less gold...
i want it to look more realistic & not like a toy...
well .. ill post more pic as i progress to my final finished bio
thanks

well i just c hanged the color .. i think it had too much gold so i toned it down
let me know what you think
thanks for looking

0001.jpg

well i took off the white end cap..so it looks a lot better....
here it is with the blue led light ..but im still not finished with the rest of the bio
hop you like it....

5555.jpg

4444.jpg

3333.jpg

2222.jpg

1111.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back