LordVader01

This is my first real shot at a cowl, I've only really sculpted smaller things before. I took inspiration from the new animated Batman suit and some from Greg Capullo's work, and uh, here's what I've got so far. If anyone has any critics or anything like that please feel free to let me know

582239422.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2411.jpg
    IMG_2411.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2414.jpg
    IMG_2414.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 163
I have cast Batman cowls out of resin (for display). Make a silicon mold with a mother mold of fiberglass, plaster, or some kind of resin. Smooth-On has tons of video's on it. There are also videos on YouTube. The sculpture looks great by the way... reminds of Batman from the recent animated movies like Bad Blood.

I made a few changes, I wasn't super in love with the original design. If I want to cast at least the head portion of resin, where's the best seam line? and how should I attach the two parts together? Thanks for all the help so far!

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2505.jpg
    IMG_2505.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 250
I have cast Batman cowls out of resin (for display). Make a silicon mold with a mother mold of fiberglass, plaster, or some kind of resin. Smooth-On has tons of video's on it. There are also videos on YouTube. The sculpture looks great by the way... reminds of Batman from the recent animated movies like Bad Blood.
Thanks, I appreciate the help. And yeah I took a bit of inspiration from that suit, that and Greg Capullo

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back