Since I saw it this summer, Captain America's costume in The First Avenger has quickly become one of my favorites. So much so that I kind of pulled out all the stops to make a decent costume for Halloween for it. Now I know all the fuss right now is about Universal Design's Cap costume, but it's not exactly out in time for the only holiday that revolves around costumes. I picked up a cheap version and, while I'm kind of kicking myself that I didn't get a more expensive one that would've been more accurate, the challenge of trying to improve this version to be closer to the on-screen version is actually a lot of fun. The first thing I had to address was the red straps in front. When I got the jacket, the straps were actually brown, like other parts of the jacket that they decided to do brown. So I've completely replaced those parts by using red suspenders that I picked up and re-laced them through the loops and connected them to the "belt". That's kind of been the annoying part of this jacket is that they already have a "belt" and "Gloves" on this jacket. I would've used my own instead of trying to match things to these pieces. That, and they totally messed up the shoulders on this piece. Not only did they flat-out forget to sew on one of the Star emblems on the right arm, but the pads themselves don't line up with the jacket's design. The gray webbing that attaches to the shoulder pads lines up in the front, but is off on the back side. I don't think I have the time or ability to fix that big of a problem, but I have been working on making an extra star for the right shoulder pad. I'll also be replacing the gray straps underneath the shoulder pads to the screen-accurate brown leather straps. I do like how they used a darker blue on this though, as the bright blue that UD and LeatherJacketShowroom use is a bit too "intense" for WW2-era Captain America. I've only got a few more days to finish this up, but I thought I'd share it here.