First attempt Pred head..

Hellstrok

I dont know if this is in the right place but....

This was my first attempt at a predator head back in July with a foam armature(it accualy works really well!)
aaaand Amaco air-dry clay... I doesnt work so well for me. I also know that there are some things i did
wrong with this, so i will try again soon with Klean Klay.
I know it needs to be bigger, but hey, i was to excited to realize that. (and i wanted it to be scaled to me)

uou.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great start, definitely give it another go when you get some non-air drying clay.
One thing to keep in mind though, is that a Styrofoam head is significantly smaller than an actual human head. So if you are planning on making a wearable mask, you may want to buy some extra clay to bulk up the head before you start shaping the forms. Just a thought. Good luck.

Great start, definitely give it another go when you get some non-air drying clay.
One thing to keep in mind though, is that a Styrofoam head is significantly smaller than an actual human head. So if you are planning on making a wearable mask, you may want to buy some extra clay to bulk up the head before you start shaping the forms. Just a thought. Good luck.

I know, i thought about that and planned out how to bulk it up. The Styrofoam accualy works really well, it maintains its shape and doesnt shrink or anything.

make sure you have some kind of set up that will allow for the weight of the back of the sculpt. ie. a pole you can set it on.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back