First Attempt At A Mask/now Repainted With First Bio Atempt

rossi

hi every one,this is my first post and would like to say i wish i,d found this site earlier as its full of cool stuff.Any way,ive had a go at a mask and its not in the same league as most on here but im chuffed with it as a first go at anything like this.Its made from foam and latex and all brush painted (though the pic makes it look whiter than it is).
Its a mix from different images and basically made up as it went along and learning as i go.It looks better in the flesh than in the pic tbh.Next is a bio to fit over and then no idea whats next,but i have the bug and want to do more.

I didnt really like the first paint up so i,ve had another go and i think I will keep this colour scheme.I,ve also made a first bio from paper mache and it does the job well enough for now.

pred k.jpg

2012-03-09 21.41.19.jpg

2012-03-09 21.43.08.jpg

2012-03-09 21.41.02.jpg

hi every one,this is my first post and would like to say i wish i,d found this site earlier as its full of cool stuff.Any way,ive had a go at a mask and its not in the same league as most on here but im chuffed with it as a first go at anything like this.Its made from foam and latex and all brush painted (though the pic makes it look whiter than it is).
Its a mix from different images and basically made up as it went along and learning as i go.It looks better in the flesh than in the pic tbh.Next is a bio to fit over and then no idea whats next,but i have the bug and want to do more.

welcome to the lair fellow Pred head, that looks fantastic and congrats on your step towards this obsession called the predator fever lol

Not bad... Do you have progression pictures to show how the mask came to be? It looks very interesting in the way it was made.

hi,i only have one other picture of it being made.
2012-02-12 19.33.34.jpg

Basically i just looked at images and utube until i had a rough idea in my mind.The original paint has now been changed and im trying a different look..
I didn,t want an open mouth one as i want to have a bio to fit and a closed mouth looked bit hard to do,so i settled on a half and half.Im finding the colouring the worst bit just now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thats pretty cool for a first attemp i think its really cool when people make there own stuff i just dont have the time or talent.

Love the models that were used- I hope they were paid more handsomely then their face :) Btw- like the paleness of color in the face- looks different

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back