First 3D Printer Project - 1/24 Scale X-Wing with my new Prusa Mini (Complete!).

I'm being overly critical simply because this is awesome and want to contribute.

Your chipping under the red markings is too uniform in distribution and size resulting in a polka-dot effect.

I'd probably fill some back in and randomly make scratches in various sizes.

Hope this helps.

I'm being overly critical simply because this is awesome and want to contribute.

Your chipping under the red markings is too uniform in distribution and size resulting in a polka-dot effect.

I'd probably fill some back in and randomly make scratches in various sizes.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, it was my first attempt with the liquid mask. I have been experimenting with it and getting much better with using less of it and not making everything so round.

As mentioned somewhere its best on the edges for sure.

Thanks for the feed back!

This has been so fun to follow! 3D printing is such a cool technology, and opens up a TON of possibilities in the modeling world. You've done a great job on this X-Wing and your TIE Interceptor. Knowing how much work goes into getting the prints to look good makes this even more amazing to me. Well done!

SB

This has been so fun to follow! 3D printing is such a cool technology, and opens up a TON of possibilities in the modeling world. You've done a great job on this X-Wing and your TIE Interceptor. Knowing how much work goes into getting the prints to look good makes this even more amazing to me. Well done!

SB

Thanks, Steve!

I am just putting the final touches on my 32" USS Sulaco which is a cool model made by a member here on the RPF.

I have 3D printer files for an X1 TIE, A-Wing, B-Wing, and a Y-Wing. Lots of projects/leaning in the works :)

Not sure if I will print them all, I may source out one or two to have them professionally resin printed. While the final resin prints are cleaner and in some ways easier to work with, I find that the challenge of getting a PLA print to look good brings its own fun.

-Eric

I was moving some things around in the office and realized I never actually took a 100% completed picture of this, I need to show off my brass parts that I used for the guns :)

9.jpg

My 1:24 scale collection so far :)

11.jpg

Well done. I have to agree with SB (and others) that 3D printing as opened up a whole new paradigm for the modeling/prop industry. Really enjoy your threads. Thanks for sharing!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back