Firefox MiG31 Name of the Pressure Suit?

Zachilles

Does anyone know the model / make / name of the pressure suit worn by Clint Eastwood in the movie Firefox? Appreciate some help as google research is not turning up much.

Does anyone know?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 333
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 455
Maybe it helps to look at the Soviet fighter pilot's (Lt. Col. Voskov, as portrayed by German actor Kai Wulff) suit version. Apart from the color, they should be identical. The white stuff under the collar could be velcro. I suspect you would not find that on a real suit, so maybe the suit was produced for the movie specifically. But that's only me guessing.

voskov.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a movie version of a Russian GSh-9AP since the visor curves on two axes... but notice there is no retaining ring, so it would functionally be closer to a TK-4 (Chinese) the pressure suit itself is pure fiction.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419652551.472074.jpg see how this TK2 has no retaining ring.

I'm pretty sure the suit was made up for the film, the helmet however is a HGU/20 "clam shell" helmet. These were used by the US air force and in a slightly modified version, the early Shuttle program. Fairly rare helmet. If you find one they run about $4,000-$6000
http://www.globaleffects.com/C_page...etsModern/Pilot/HighAltitude/Clamshell34h.JPG

Sorry for bombing this thread :-D
To be clear: he's right- I think it's an HGU 20. I'm pointing to Russian and Chinese equivalents which can be found for $200 or less and could be pretty easily modified to look more like the HGU. The TK-4 even has a red star printed on the forehead in many cases! Let me know if you need sources for these- cheers!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back