Firefly - Wash's Dinosaurs?

Re: Firefly - Wash's Dinosaurs?

ThinkGeek began offering exclusive reproductions of these figures as of yesterday. They appear to be slightly smaller scale models of the Imperial molds. They are equipped with voice sounds licensed from the show but apparently the batteries are inaccessible so once they die, they're just plastic toys again. They do appear to be painted to match the models on the show.
ThinkGeek :: Firefly Inevitable Betrayal Dinosaurs with Sound

I've seen the sculpts at TRU recently, but the colors are wrong. And they were cast in a softer, hollow rubber.

I am familiar with the material Imperial uses, which is a solid cast PVC, these were rotocast and closer to squeak toys, but it was the same sculpt on the stego.

I just picked up a "Close enough til I find the right one" Stego from Poundland...
Nearly jumped out of my skin when I hit a button I hadn't spotted on the belly and it roared at me!

I love keeping old dead threads alive :) Look at this I just picked up off of eBay. Still shipping so I don't have it yet, but how funny? The seller probably had no idea about the importance of those two and it was totally random that they ended up next to one another for the photo. I believe that is the correct Ceratosaurs. Does anyone know if any of the red/grey Stegos are screen accurate?
StegoCerat.jpg

Last edited:

Within the past month, I located a bent legged Ceratosaurus and the correct Stegosaurus on eBay. I won both. It was my second Ceratosaurs and first correct Stegosaurus. I'd like to eventually paint them the correct colors. Has anyone here painted their set to match the hero dinos?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back