Firefly - Wash's Dinosaurs?

LOL, Paradox we must be on the same wavelength...I just found the same dino and was going to post it...I found it in a giftset, and it has a crappier paint job, but same company and same dino.
http://www.mzoo.com/gs_2439.htm

I agree, that looks to be the right one. What's your opinion on the paint job? Think it was repainted? The one you found looks pretty good for colour.

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Jun 26 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1268539[/snapback]</div>
By the way Paradox...what's the word on casting up those dinos? ;) Also did you have any palm trees? I did some searching for cake decorations and the closest thing I found was a coconut tree, but they looked way too tall.[/b]
The Stegosaurus has a really bad seam where it was put together. I wouldn't be happy casting it and selling it to people... it's bad. I've been able to locate another and it's on it's way, so once I get it, both will be cast and sold as a set.

I've seen several of the trees, still trying to aquire them though.

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Jun 26 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]1268545[/snapback]</div>
LOL, Paradox we must be on the same wavelength...I just found the same dino and was going to post it...I found it in a giftset, and it has a crappier paint job, but same company and same dino.
http://www.mzoo.com/gs_2439.htm

I agree, that looks to be the right one. What's your opinion on the paint job? Think it was repainted? The one you found looks pretty good for colour.
[/b]
We can't see the tail of the one in the giftset, but it is Wild Safari, so that's reassuring. I can't say for sure, but I get the feeling that the screen used one has the coloration of the one I linked as opposed to the more orange color of the giftset one.

-G

Here's a repost of my info over on the ssdesigner.com forums. There's a bit of info here spread out, so I thought I'd consolidate.

There is a total of 5 dinosaurs and one plastic tree:

1) Stegosaurus - Blue, not red version which has incorrect feet. I believe this was painted for the show. I have one of these with another on the way. It can be seen HERE. Only markings are "STEGOSAURUS MADE IN CHINA". This will be cast and for sale soon.

2) Ceratosaurus - Red/Green. I believe this was painted for the show. I have one of these, and can be seen HERE. This seems to be more rare than the Stegosaurus, as I've only found (and obtained) one so far. Only markings are "CERATOSAURUS MADE IN CHINA". This will be cast and for sale soon.

3) Triceratops - From Safari LTD/Carnegie Collection. Item number 4036-01. There are two versions of the Triceratops from this manufacturer/collection. The one used in the show was the VERSION 2 as seen HERE. I have one of these on the way. This was not painted for the show, the original coloration is screen-accurate. Not sure if it will be cast since it is a very available item.

4) Apatosaurus - From Wild Safari. There is one version, sold by itself, which I believe is the screen-used version: CLICK HERE. There's also a version that's included in a gift set, I'm not sure, but I don't believe this is the correct item, even though it's still made by Wild Safari: CLICK HERE. This was not painted for the show, the original coloration is screen-accurate. Not sure if it will be cast since it is a very available item.

5) Spinosaurus - From Jurassic Park 3. There are a few versions of this toy. Make sure you get the correct one as seen HERE. I believe this was painted for the show. Not sure if it will be cast since it is a very available item.

6) Plastic palm tree - There are two versions, one with tan tree trunks and one with brown tree trunks. The screen used version has tan tree trunks. I've been able to locate a reliable source. This was not painted for the show, the original coloration is screen-accurate. This will be for sale soon.

I'll also be starting an interest thread for a resin set of the Stegosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and a plastic palm tree. I want to have each item IN HAND before I offer anything. Keep your eyes open.

-G

thanks everyone so much, i knew we could get these down once and for all, so close. Also, how are the feet on the red stegosaurus incorrect? Do you have a comparison shot?

Awesome.

Just bought the Triceratops and Apatosaurus, and I am interest in the resin versions of the other two. Would these be completely finished with paint, or "blank"?

Berry

<div class='quotetop'>(trekkieb47 @ Jun 29 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]1270855[/snapback]</div>
Just bought the Triceratops and Apatosaurus, and I am interest in the resin versions of the other two. Would these be completely finished with paint, or "blank"?[/b]
Unfortunately, I'm not much of an artist, so they'll be offered unpainted most likely. I'll keep looking at what needs to be done to them paint-wise and I'll decide then. But right now... unpainted.

-G

It's possible that the same molds for toys could have been used for cheapy, strange coloured toys as well as higher end ones with better paint jobs. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a stegosaurus out there that would not need to be unpainted too.

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Jun 30 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]1271446[/snapback]</div>
It's possible that the same molds for toys could have been used for cheapy, strange coloured toys as well as higher end ones with better paint jobs. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a stegosaurus out there that would not need to be unpainted too.
[/b]
Same here. I'm still digging. Still no manufacturer info though... GRR.

-G

<div class='quotetop'>(Kylash327 @ Jun 30 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1271781[/snapback]</div>
how are the feet on the red stegosaurus incorrect? Do you have a comparison shot?
[/b]
Let me dig up some pics and I'll post a comparison.

Oh, and the mailman came today...

triceratopstree9pm.jpg

I have 5 of the trees right now and should be able to obtain more.

EDIT/NOTE: I won't be casting the Triceratops. They can be purchased very easy online at a great price and the detailing is correct. Also, a portion of each sale goes towards the preservation of the Carnegie Collection.

-G

Well i just got one of the red Stegosaurus', not sure whats different about the legs, but it's a start for me, figured it was cheap so i went ahead, got it for about $5.

3f_1.JPG

I can't find the email that one seller sent me. I must have cleaned out my inbox. :confused Maybe I'm wrong, the pics the seller sent me were from an above angle and I tried rotating my dino to match.

Kylash, would you be able to email a couple over to me? Email is: mn_paradox @ yahoo.com (no spaces).

Thanks.

-G

quick question, the leg placement and scales under the neck of the first Rex you posted look a bit different than the second one, offered in the junkyard, is this just me or have you been able to compare them?

<div class='quotetop'>(Kylash327 @ Jul 3 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]1273396[/snapback]</div>
quick question, the leg placement and scales under the neck of the first Rex you posted look a bit different than the second one, offered in the junkyard, is this just me or have you been able to compare them?
[/b]
****. You're right Kylash, the red one I found has different feet. I'm updating the Junkyard thread right now. I can't believe I messed that up. CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP.

-G

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back