Firefly "TallCard" cards

Hi,

I was very lucky recently and obtained a screen used tall card from Firefly.

Does this view of what's on the back help?

If you want scan of the front let me know.

fireflycard001.jpg

Thank you to wackychimp.

Hopefully many more interesting Firefly revelations will come to light at our upcoming event in March. :)

EXEWING STAR WARS DAY

Cheers,

Andy.

Hmm, that is screen used? Looks like they didn't use all the same ones. Very interesting. Higher res scans would be awesome. :)

fireflycard003.jpg

Hmm, that is screen used? Looks like they didn't use all the same ones. Very interesting. Higher res scans would be awesome.

The image I posted first is from the back of the card, the front, as you can see, is the same as those shown previously.

I've lightened it quite a bit in photoshop.

Not really further with more accurate, but I did pick up these today. I haven't seen one with a goat on the back yet, but these six have a tiger, rat, horse, dragon, and rabbit. This leads me to believe that the backs have the chinese zodiac on them. There were a few other "face" images (buddha, etc.?), but I thought I'd start with these. Sorry about size and flash in the pics, but they're so shiny it was difficult to get a good pic. Inverted for clarity.

tallcards.JPG

tallcardbacks.JPG

The cards are a heavy metal about the thickness of a credit card, and plated. Pretty accurate except the letters on the bottom are the same as Fried Mon Cal's. The last three letters match, but another 2 are jammed in front. Also scored 9 accurate coins today in the first spot I looked. :D More searching next weekend.

Im going to take a trip to China Town in London tomorrow, I shall see if I can dig up something there. Stop me if somebody has already tried and failed.

Dan.

GOATS. WE HAVE GOATS.

I went out again today and found some cards that exactly match Clanger68's screen-used Tallcard. Woohoo. The best part: they do come in all twelve chinese zodiac backs (my suspicion is confirmed). The even-better-than-that part: I now have a full set of twelve... BEHOLD...

all12zodiac.JPG

goatsback.JPG

Sorry for the inverted colours, but these are so shiny :$ they're hard to get a detailed photo. But all of our friends are there: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Ram, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig and Pikachu... wait... no Pikachu. I also scored more of the coins (same types as last time) and some of them seem to be fairly easy to find here. I'm probably heading back tomorrow to see if I can complete several sets.

More to report tomorrow, I hope.

Sorry, quick correction. There are still 2 extra characters on the bottom front of these cards for a total of 5 on the bottom. I couldn't quite tell from Clanger's pic at first. They match the fronts of the ones I posted earlier, and the back of the goat card looks like a character for character match. Hope this didn't throw anyone for a loop, I like to be very specific about such things.

Au contraire, mon frere. (heh... Van Wilder :lol ) I managed to find three sets there today and may be able to do another tomorrow. Berry can still like the props. Great Power Ranger stuff, BTW.

I can also find single cards to a limited degree so feel free to contact me with your needs (including any accurate coins that I have found so far). The worst that can happen is that I can't find them and no-one's out anything for having tried.

I'm just glad to be of service to the community, being a "new not-new" member now. :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back