Firefly Prop cup

TimDrakeRobin

Sr Member
I noticed that in the episode "The Train Job" the cup Mal is drinking from in the bar is nothing more that a typical water bottel cut in half. probably used it a mold cause it looked i purty sturdy.
Check it out, see if you agree.

After looking back over the episode, your right probably a water bottle sliced in half. Those things are prudy sturdy.

When i get some free time, i am sorely tempted to have a bash at the mudders cups and bottles. The perfect container for the Mudders Milk recipe that was on the Serenity site.

:)

Stya Shiny

What brand of water bottle was it, I've looked at my DVD a bunch of times, and I see that it's clearly a cut down water bottle, but I've looked at a lot of different brands of bottled water, and haven't found a prefect match.

Jason

fireflycup.jpg

I made mine from a Zepherhills bottle.

fireflycup2.jpg

Looks pretty close if you ask me. It's even got the proper indention on the bottom

I got mine at a gas station. Dunno if it's a southern brand or not. I forget how many ounces this bottle was but it's the one with the sports bottle top.

That site might send you the wrong bottles. The only Zepherhills bottle that looks right is the sports bottle. The smaller and larger bottles don't have the ribbing. They have an embosed "splash" instead. I'll see if I can pick up a bottle tomorrow and post more info/pics

Originally posted by glim999@Jan 17 2006, 05:44 PM
That site might send you the wrong bottles. The only Zepherhills bottle that looks right is the sports bottle. The smaller and larger bottles don't have the ribbing. They have an embosed "splash" instead. I'll see if I can pick up a bottle tomorrow and post more info/pics
Oh good to know, I made an edit/note to my post just in case.

-G

Here it is.

fireflybottle.jpg

This is the one I used to make my cup. It's a 24oz Zephyrhills "Sportpack" bottle. I must have looked at 20 different brands today. This is the only one that I could find that looked right. There're others with ribbing but they don't match the screen caps at all.

I'm looking at a 24oz Zephyrhills sport bottle right now. It looks close but IMHO is not the right one. There are 6 indents on the Zephyrhills bottle and the bottom does not look like the bottom in the screen grab. The bottom has 5 indents going towards the center but the very center has a circle the diameter of someone's pointer finger. In the screen grab it looks like the indents or lines at the bottom go almost all the way in to center. Also the bottom of the screen grab appears to have the indents attach to a circle in the middle whereas the sport cap indents have a space before the circle and do not meet.

Yeah, it's not a perfect match (it looks just a little bit too short to me) but it's pretty dang close the closest I've been able to find so far :)

I don't get what you're saying about the indentations though. I'm counting six on my bottle and six in the screencap. So five "ribs" between the bottom section and the flared section that becomes the lip of the cup.

Originally posted by glim999@Jan 18 2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah, it's not a perfect match (it looks just a little bit too short to me) but it's pretty dang close the closest I've been able to find so far :)

I don't get what you're saying about the indentations though. I'm counting six on my bottle and six in the screencap. So five "ribs" between the bottom section and the flared section that becomes the lip of the cup.
[snapback]1162275[/snapback]​

I got what your saying. In that pic of looking at it from the front there seems to be either a code, stamp, or indentation on the front there. My bottle has the same thing. Mine says ZE0611051742L9 and below it 3ESTBY06/2007. That last part seems to be the expiration date, but perhaps the first is the bottle type? It feels almost embossed into the plastic to me.

Originally posted by glim999@Jan 18 2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah, mine has
ZE1105050138L9
BESTBY11/2007
etched into it

I'm thinking that the number must be a batch number or something
[snapback]1162312[/snapback]​

I think with the exception of the bottom and maybe diameter, that the Zephyrhills Sport Bottle is really close.

Nestles, and Ice Mountain, 1 PT bottles are close, but they only have five rings, bands, whatever, before the big indentation. I cut don't one of the Nestle bottles, just for fun, and the size looks really good. I really like that Zepherhills bottle, but it looks a little fat to me.

On a side not, I'm visually impaired, so I have to get very close to see things, or use my hands if I can. So, I spent some time at Meijers, feeling the water bottles, and looking at them very closely. I got a lot of really strange looks. :lol I think, if I had spent any more time on it, they may have called sacuratly.:lol

Jason

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back