firefly logo - need to find for a custom plaque

Sulla

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can anyone help me out? I am wanting to have a custom plaque made for a Firefly prop. Is there a font out there or a really good logo of the name "Fifefly" from the TV show that I could have?

Thanks.

Here's one that I cleaned up that has a bit less shading to it and may be easier to convert to something useable.

Serenity_logo.gif

Would love to see the finished plaque as well.

Hi Sulla,

It would be great to see what you've designed with the Firefly plaque when you have completed it. :)

I too am a bit of a Firefly fan as well, and a few days ago I made a "Firefly Flicker Frame" for my prop display too, and below is a picture of it:

fireflyframe9wp.jpg

I also made a short video of the flame flicker action (link below):

http://media.putfile.com/fireflyframe040206

There is approx. 80 amber LEDS around the inside parimeter "firefly logo shape" and is shining threw the printed word. The frame is brass and 10.5 X 6.5

Just a prototype weekend project. :)

Originally posted by SaberFreak@Apr 4 2006, 07:07 AM
Wow cool flicker frame.  :thumbsup
[snapback]1219543[/snapback]​
Yeah, you're not kidding. Very kewl indeed.

My plaque is a little less impressive. It'll be maybe 3" by 5" at most and be two-tone black and silver. I may even see if Romans can make it for me. I am going to make an angled plexi board with plexi posts on it to mount my Jayne pistol (not finished either - but pix will be forthcoming of that too). In the bottom left hand corner will be the small plaque (name plate really,) and behind the pegged and angled plexi will be some pic or another of Jayne Cobb. I've snagged a few from goggle image search, but I have not decided what to use yet.

Which makes me wonder what kind of adhesive would be good to use since I will be putting the face of the image against the inside of the plexi? Maybe I will make a sandwich of plexi so I can slide different images in there... I dunno' yet...

Originally posted by propmaster2000@Apr 3 2006, 11:07 PM
I too am a bit of a Firefly fan as well, and a few days ago I made a "Firefly Flicker Frame" for my prop display too, and below is a picture of it:

Just a prototype weekend project.  :)
[snapback]1219471[/snapback]​

That KICKS ASS.

Berry

Took the gif file that was displayed and converted it to a scalable vector format .eps file. This will allow anyone to scale it to the size of a friggin billboard.

Download it here: Firefly Logo

firefly.jpg
firefly2.jpg

Enjoy.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back