Firefly Jayne's Revolver

A buddy of mine just picked up a Denix LeMat, and I'm interested in doing this conversion once I finish two Mauser-to-Solo conversions. I'll be watching with great interest. Looks like you've got a good start. Best of luck.

I held the barrel in one hand, muzzle upwards and tapped the front of the trigger guard with a hammer until it fell in two. :) It's just a push fit.

post-4771-1141309467.jpg

SAS

Originally posted by Sidewinder@Mar 8 2006, 08:37 PM
I held the barrel in one hand, muzzle upwards and tapped the front of the trigger guard with a hammer until it fell in two. :)  It's just a push fit.

post-4771-1141309467.jpg

SAS
[snapback]1201673[/snapback]​
Thanks. Really dig the "parts is parts" illustration.

What are you planning on using for the add-ons for jayne's revolver?

I'm going to use metal as much as I can - Aluminium mostly.
eg:
[attachmentid=7150]
Added the crenelated barrel topper, made out of 3/8ths of an inch square Ally bar.

I also bought myself a decent (cheap:) ) flat file and sorted the bottom of the barrel after the hacksaw butchery.

SAS

Last edited:
Hmm, hit a slight snag with the underbarrel - according to my calcs it should be somewhere between 25-30mm OD.
However, even at 25mm it wont fit in place of the original shotgun barrel without either grinding a flat on it or removing some material from under the main barrel.

[attachmentid=7152]

Any thoughts?

SAS

Originally posted by glim999@Mar 10 2006, 01:20 PM
I'd grind it flat. Not gonna be noticable once it's all together anyway. Right?
[snapback]1203057[/snapback]​

I'm inclined to agree. Modify the greebly, not the barrel. I've got some screen caps at home. I'll take a look at them tonight and see if anything that will help.

Looks like the lower barrel has a chromed sleeve that fits over it somehow.

If you go this route you can make the cylinder so that it butts up against the bottom of the octagonal barrel. Then fashion a groove in the sleeve so it will slip over the cylinder.

I can't tell from the above pic but there might be some decorative side grooves on it as well.

The foresight I sawed off flush to the barrel and then sawed/filed the slot.

Underbarrel parts:
[attachmentid=7165]

Together in rough position:
[attachmentid=7166]

I'm gonna have to shave off a total of 6mm from unbarrel sleeve/barrel to make this stuff fit together.
I settled on a dia of 29mm for the underbarrel sleeve, comparing it to the pics at the same angles etc it looks bang on to me.
No slots and hole in sleeve yet - I figure slots at 3, 9, 5 & 7o'clock and the hole at 6.

I'll put diagrams up with measurements on that I used in a bit.
Here we go:
[attachmentid=7167]

SAS

Thanks.

I've got a great metal and plastics stockholder near me that sell just about every shape, size and material, it's really handy.

SAS

Originally posted by Sidewinder@Mar 12 2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks.

I've got a great metal and plastics stockholder near me that sell just about every shape, size and material, it's really handy.

SAS
[snapback]1204017[/snapback]​
No kidding.

Would you be willing to purchase extras and ship? I've got a denix Lemat lying around and have been watching this thread intently.

Chamfered the underbarrel sleeve:
[attachmentid=7198]

Pretzellogic wrote:
"Would you be willing to purchase extras and ship? I've got a denix Lemat lying around and have been watching this thread intently."

Are you after the raw material or machined bits?

SAS

Either I suppose, but I'd probabaly want the machined parts if you're willing to do it.

You'd probably find a couple people on the board who were willing to pay for parts.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back