Firefly Jayne's Revolver

I stumbled upon this style of scope mount completely by accident... look familiar?

dc_1.JPG

The part on Jayne's pistol may be at least based on one of these. Maybe they planned on including a scope but didn't because it would be too bulky? Eh, Si? ;)

Kurty you are on the right track I believe. I am pretty sure I read someplace that it was a real scope mount rail that they used...for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it though.

Here we go again... and this one I will actually finish 'cos its for a member.

Denix Le Matt to Jayne Firefly pistol.

Strip the unwanted parts:
[attachmentid=8079]

SAS

So, Sidewinder, how do you plan on attaching the loading arm "hook" to the barrel with the tube in the way?

Thanks,

-G

<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ May 23 2006, 04:00 AM) [snapback]1249106[/snapback]</div>
It will invlove skullduggery and jiggery pokerey. All will be revealed shortly....

SAS[/b]
Just as I thought. HA. I'm trimming down my hook since there appears to be enough material there to do so and remain solid.

-G

Yeah, i've milled away a bit of extra material from the cutout area on the hemispherical part of the lower barrel. I'll remove the 'screwhead' from the hook part plus a bit of material beneath and it should all fit then.

SAS

WOW, that looks awesome.
I´m not into the firefly thingie, but I recognize a good blaster when I see it ;)

Markus

<div class='quotetop'>(DrMcoy @ May 23 2006, 02:31 PM) [snapback]1249328[/snapback]</div>
Wasn't somebody doing a RESIN version of this piece?

By the way, cool gun.
[/b]
Yes, ssdesigner and I are. We'll have them available soon. (This is Sidewinder's thread, if you're interested in the resin casting, we can start a new thread or revive the one from the Junkyard).

-G

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back