Firefly - Deleted scene prop

Are they transparent? IF not I am also considering getting some thin wooden dowels and paint them. I will of course wait for more discussion on this, but I have a feeling that most of the stuff on this is probably found.

Great work so far everyone..

I'm thinking translucent. Ideal I think would be hooking in some kinda lit pushbutton at the base of the pen holder part, so that when you stick in the "data rod" a white led at the bottom comes on to indicate "reading." I don't know if the screen used prop did that..... but it should have. :)

Even better would be a resin adapter or suchlike that did the same thing, and could replace the stylus port on the TypeNGo, so they could "share discs"

Originally posted by amish@Jan 25 2006, 02:47 PM
Are they transparent?  IF not I am also considering getting some thin wooden dowels and paint them.  I will of course wait for more discussion on this, but I have a feeling that most of the stuff on this is probably found.

Great work so far everyone..
[snapback]1167881[/snapback]​

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but for my peace of mind, this prop was used on the show, and not just the deleted scenes...

okay, I can sleep well now. :)

Yeah, I just saw it again -- Book is reading about the marriage ceremony from it towards the beginning of "Our Mrs Reynolds."

The thing just keeps popping up. :)

Originally posted by synasp@Jan 25 2006, 05:33 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned, but for my peace of mind, this prop was used on the show, and not just the deleted scenes...

[snapback]1168061[/snapback]​

I just finished watching "Our Mrs. Reynolds" with my wife, and Simon has it in his hands towards the end as they are preparing to take out the net. Nice place to get some good, close-up screen caps for anyone with that capability.

Originally posted by Kaylee@Jan 29 2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I just saw it again -- Book is reading about the marriage ceremony from it towards the beginning of "Our Mrs Reynolds."

The thing just keeps popping up. :)

Originally posted by synasp@Jan 25 2006, 05:33 PM

[snapback]1168061[/snapback]​
[snapback]1171303[/snapback]​

Hey, I got one of those TD5422 mentioned.. it is the Symnova brand with bigger hinges and the stamped text on the back. Thing is.. this one's put together different, and doesn't come apart as easy. Has anyone managed it? I'd like to paint the shell, and can't figure out how to get it apart without breaking something inside.. :(

edit -- for those that care, the lines on the front are thinner than those on the "Winston Cup" model.

I've got a friend working on one of the SYMNOVA organizers to make the encyclopedia.

I'm not sure if the graphics area will be backlit or if it will have a green screen overlay for CGI.

I think there is a certain amount of "artistic freedom" to create what ever looks good.

Last edited:
Originally posted by propmaster2000@Feb 24 2006, 05:47 AM
I'll check today to see how much more information/details I can get on this.  :)
[snapback]1192195[/snapback]​

If/when these become available, please post something in the JY via an "interest" thread to keep this research thread clean.

P.S. That early mock-up looks outstanding.

Ineed the mock up looks great. One thing I might point out is that the screen looks a little big I think my scaling came out to 3.75 x 5.8 inches, I think...

I'll see what I can "gleen".

P.S. It looks like the rods are not the same as the ones in the screen caps. The "real" ones from the show are probebly made using different materials.

Hi.

Here is a WIP picture of my Encyclopedia:

img15613br.jpg

I'm not planning to backlit it. A printed graphic glued on top is good enough for me ;)

Any idea how i could add the text to the left side?

Lookin good F-N-S, I can't wait to get mine started. I'll be doing a back lit screen so if I come up with any good ideas for it I'll be sure to let people know.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back