Firefly - Deleted scene prop

The post above mine says who he is, he's the Winston Cup Museum on eBay.
Pretty sure his screen name is just Winstoncupmuseum might be a slight variation on that though. someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I asked him if he'd ship outside of the US and was told he doesnt offer international shipping at this time and has no plans to for the future. Thanks for my query and good luck with my search for one elsewhere. Guess you caught him in a generous mood :lol

Originally posted by Kaylee@Dec 31 2005, 11:06 PM
PDA1.jpg

PDA6.jpg

[snapback]1147898[/snapback]​

Bump to see if anyone's got any ideas about the part on the left. I was at the grocery store the other day, and the kid working the register had a T-Mobile Sidekick and I immediately thought that it looked pretty close (it even has the vertical button that Kaylee points out), but the dimensions don't seem to fit the space in the Type-N-Go. Although, now that I look at the pictures again, the black endcaps do extend the piece inside quite a bit. What does everyone else think?

Also, what about the Symnova planner? Anybody got any leads on how to modify that?

I found a seller who has about 19 planners left as of right now. PM me if you need the info.

edit make that 17 planners left :)

Got mine too... I tried contacting the other ebay guy that sells them (Winston Cup Museum), but never never responded to my emails, so... I am not missing out on this item. ;)

Berry

Well it came in the mail today, the Symnova Organizer, but it is slightly different than what Kaylee got.

On mine, internally it has only two fold out card holders, and the inside back doesn't have a calculator, but a recessed area for "memo storage". On the back, embossed on the aluminum is "ScanCard WORKBOOK".... is there anyway I can sand this down to get a smooth back?

Berry

Can you take some pics Berry? The one Kaylee and I have is slightly different than the one used on screen, if the guys auction photos are correct then you should have the correct one. The calculator is not needed anyway so that of course does not matter, the lettering on the back really doesn't matter either since we never see the back of it to know if it should or should not be there. As for sanding it down, it's it's not raised too much you should be able to, but it if is raised too much then the aluminum would be too thin in that area after sanding.

you could try wire wool to remove image then a fine auto paint buffing compound we have "T CUT " in the Uk to remove scratches

Originally posted by trekkieb47@Jan 24 2006, 08:08 PM
Well it came in the mail today, the Symnova Organizer, but it is slightly different than what Kaylee got.

On mine, internally it has only two fold out card holders, and the inside back doesn't have a calculator, but a recessed area for "memo storage". On the back, embossed on the aluminum is "ScanCard WORKBOOK".... is there anyway I can sand this down to get a smooth back?

Berry
[snapback]1166902[/snapback]​

I had no idea that is how it was, though I am planning on painting mine to match the prop in the pictures first posted, so it is not a huge issue for me. I should have mine any time now as well.

Originally posted by trekkieb47@Jan 24 2006, 02:08 PM

Berry
[snapback]1166902[/snapback]​

As promised, the pictures of my Symnova Organizer. This is the same patent number and model as first identified, just an different internal arangement and embossed lettering on the back.

Symnova1.jpg

Symnova2.jpg

Symnova3.jpg

Symnova4.jpg

Berry

Hmm, I am thinking that the aluminum would be too thin to sand that embossed name off, you'd probably sand all the way through before you got it off. You could possible take it apart and try and pound it out with a hammer, though you'd be doing so at your own risk. I'd probably just leave it.

The hinges on that Symnova also look a little chunky compared to the one I have. I don't know which is the "correct" version though.

Kaylee, the one you have (and I have) have incorrect hinges when compared to the screen caps. The differences are minimal but still there. Only if one is really nit picking would the differences be a big issue.

The thing is, the embossing is not that "high", maybe only 1/16 - 1/8 of an inch. So I think sanding would be ok. I'm going to repaint this anyway.

Now we need to start thinking on how to do the data rods and the screen graphic.

Berry

Well, if someone could send me screencaps of the the image (best we can tell) and say a capture from the deleted scenes original intro, with the aftermath of Serenity Valley, I could put one together. :)

Originally posted by trekkieb47@Jan 25 2006, 01:18 PM
The thing is, the embossing is not that "high", maybe only 1/16 - 1/8 of an inch. So I think sanding would be ok. I'm going to repaint this anyway.

Now we need to start thinking on how to do the data rods and the screen graphic.

Berry
[snapback]1167785[/snapback]​

I was thinking of using thin fiberglass polesfor the rods.... Not sure how yet, but that is what I was considering. If anyone has seen a fiberglass pole used for fishing wire, they will understand what I am thinking of.

Originally posted by trekkieb47@Jan 25 2006, 12:18 PM

Berry
[snapback]1167785[/snapback]​

The aluminum itself if probably only 1/16" thick at most itself which would mean that by the time you sanded the letters off you'd be left with letter shaped holes in the back, of course since it's being painted black anyway it means you could always just fill the holes with some bondo or something.

I was thinking of using some transparent coloured rod for the data rods maybe. Then machine the aluminum ends for them.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back