FIREFLY DATAPAD HELP NEEDED

judgedredd

Sr Member
Is there anyway to turn this graphic from the firefly datapad so that it appears as though you are looking at it directly rather than at an angle i tried it but it still looks angled i know photoshop can do some amazing things with the right knowledge . i want to use this as a light up plate on my datapad build up.
cheers
PDA6.jpg

Originally posted by judgedredd@Jan 22 2006, 12:57 PM
Is there anyway to turn this graphic from the firefly datapad so that it appears as though you are looking at it directly rather than at an angle i tried it but it still looks  angled i know photoshop can do some amazing things with the right knowledge . i want to use this as a light up plate on my datapad build up.
cheers
PDA6.jpg

[snapback]1165248[/snapback]​
why delete? this is a good thread--show us your pics. ;)

Can someone on the staff re-edit the title? I'd hate for this to disappear. I've got plans to do this piece as well, and I know that I'm not the only one.

Thanks for doing this, Mike. Any chance of you posting a high-res file of this?

Has the Skew distort bending malarkey altered the edges of the view screen ? If not it looks to have a small curve to it.

it just needs sharping up a bit this is going to be shiney :) just get all you master graphics experts working on it :)

Originally posted by synasp@Jan 22 2006, 11:29 PM
It wouldn't be too hard to redo this in Illustrator for a super high-res print.

who wants to get on it? :D
[snapback]1165390[/snapback]​

I could do this in Illustrator... I would just need info on the chinese characters and the logos for those "buttons" that appear behind the unable to connect thingy.

Berry

is there anything i can do to help you?

Originally posted by trekkieb47@Jan 22 2006, 11:33 PM
I could do this in Illustrator... I would just need info on the chinese characters and the logos for those "buttons" that appear behind the unable to connect thingy.

Berry
[snapback]1165393[/snapback]​

Oh heck, I'll give it a try as well. I was planning on doing it anyhow. Looks like some of the icons in the side were also used in River Tam's desk in "Serenity", so the screenshots there may help as well.

What about were I to do the initial "Login" screen with the alliance logo though, rather than the "can't connect" one?

Can anyone guesstimate the real dimensions? And um.. anyone gonna be making a copy of the unit itself that fits inside the Type'N'Go? pretty please? :)

as soon as i get the type and go iam going to make the insert using plasticard then cast it and use a clear panel with rear leds to light it up i will be able to make this available to the rpf if you wish?

Originally posted by Kaylee@Jan 22 2006, 11:36 PM
Oh heck, I'll give it a try as well. I was planning on doing it anyhow. Looks like some of the icons in the side were also used in River Tam's desk in "Serenity", so the screenshots there may help as well.

What about were I to do the initial "Login" screen with the alliance logo though, rather than the "can't connect" one?

Can anyone guesstimate the real dimensions? And um.. anyone gonna be making a copy of the unit itself that fits inside the Type'N'Go? pretty please? :)
[snapback]1165395[/snapback]​

Originally posted by judgedredd@Jan 22 2006, 10:40 PM
as soon as i get the type and go iam going to make the insert using plasticard then cast it and use a clear panel with rear leds to light it up i will be able to make this available to the rpf if you wish?
[snapback]1165401[/snapback]​

I'd certainly love to get one to go in my type'n'go if you did make the insert section available

Originally posted by Guardian Devil+Jan 22 2006, 07:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guardian Devil @ Jan 22 2006, 07:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-judgedredd
@Jan 22 2006, 10:40 PM
[snapback]1165401[/snapback]​

I'd certainly love to get one to go in my type'n'go if you did make the insert section available
[snapback]1165465[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ditto.

Originally posted by synasp@Jan 22 2006, 07:59 PM
Looks like the 98041: http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merch...ategory_Code=PK

out of stock, but $7? :confused :confused
[snapback]1165455[/snapback]​
Wowz. This is one of those props I figured I'd never be able to afford. Assuming that is the right piece, what else is needed for prop purposes (aside from the display in this thread)? What is that "HandSpring Visor" they're talking about? Is that the PDA itself?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back