Finished up my Ape rifle.

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, here's the final take on the Ape (stunt) rifle.

The faux bolt area is machined aluminum and I also added a machined butt plate, barrel and button.
The stock is machined wood, stained and cleared.

I'll get some better pics up later. Just consider these teasers.

Thanks.

I'm diggin' this one more than just about anything we've done in a good long time.

I've wanted one for years so It's nice to have gotten things together.

Thanks guys.

You know what they say about the simple things in life.....

You have got me on an Apes nostalgia kick this last month.

I have watched all the Movies and even brought out my Screen-Used Gorilla Appliance from "Battle"

Can't wait to get mine and hold it up over my head like the closing shot in the "Apes" T. V. show. :p

Funny you should say that...I stalked everyone in my house walking with an ape-like gate, calling them " Dirty Humans" right after the stain dried.

The wife of course was less impressed and threatened to put the rifle on top of the fridge if I didn't stop. :$

Few more pics. It's tough to photo this thing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rylo @ May 10 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1242248[/snapback]</div>
Funny you should say that...I stalked everyone in my house walking with an ape-like gate, calling them " Dirty Humans" right after the stain dried.
[/b]

Hey at least the dog and the C.C. Pistol got a break. ;) :p :lol

Nice.

I really need to pick up an old beater M1 Carbine, and make one of these stocks for it.

Maybe some days.

Very nice.

Looks great, Rylo. I've always thought this was one of the most iconic Ape items you could have if you had to pick an item that wasn't an ape costume. Have you been reading "Revolution on the Planet of the Apes"? For the Apes fans dying for something new it's a six issue run of comics recently released, and was nominated for a Schuster award. Worth a look.

Wuher, does the gorilla club have to have music with a "beat"? :angel Sorry, couldn't resist...

Rylo,

Looks great. I can't wait to get my hands on one. Should make a great display along with Taylor's ANSA Astronaut space suit being made by GeneralMayhem.

GB

<div class='quotetop'>(GBOOTHROYD @ May 11 2006, 10:14 PM) [snapback]1242500[/snapback]</div>
I can't wait to get my hands on one.[/b]
Surely you mean "paws." :p

Another outstanding piece of work, Rylo. You've done an ape's job, sir. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back