FINISHED..Predator Skull Spine Trophy

Canalien

Hi Hunters
I needed a quick fix for an outing this Fri. So no time to order and mod, had to make my own. So I went to the Dollar store bot a skull came home grabbed the trusty foam and this is what I came up with. Still need to blood it and then done. This is not anatomically correct, but close enough I liked it.
Materials under 5 dollars. Used mostly scraps
Thanks for looking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ehfJ3QzXI

PS Mods wasn't sure were to put this , so if you need to move it, sorry for the inconvenience :)

Rhonda

Love it mate!, so cool
Way back when i used to have a suit those were the same skulls i used.
Love the spine.
Excellent use of materials
I never cease to be blown away by the people in this community :)
Top work

Hi Hunters
I needed a quick fix for an outing this Fri. So no time to order and mod, had to make my own. So I went to the Dollar store bot a skull came home grabbed the trusty foam and this is what I came up with. Still need to blood it and then done. This is not anatomically correct, but close enough I liked it.
Materials under 5 dollars. Used mostly scraps

OK, here is my version of this--made basically the same way, but used some different scrounged parts: the skull part is a foam Halloween skull, the "bones" are made from empty sewing thread spools that are threaded onto some aquarium tubing, and the "fins" are made from glued-on foamie. So here is the "clean and ready for trophy display" version (not weathered yet):
5281190731_b56ac64840.jpg

and here is the "bloody just ripped out" version:
5281190381_4a06898238.jpg

I did the blood effect by mixing some red food coloring into clear Elmers Glue and dripping that on, and then added some "clinging flesh" by soaking some toilet paper wads in the "blood" and dropping it on (I like the way the hanging-dangly bits jiggle around when you hold up the trophy).

I think they turned out pretty OK, and of course they were really cheap to make. ;)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back