Finished Photo! - Bane Costume : The Fire Rises

nexnox

I like many others have started to work on my very own Bane costume from The Dark Knight Rises. I am chronicling my work on a facebook page that I created. Please give it a look.

My Bane Costume | Facebook

I have quoted my "About" here.
My name is Travis, and this is my endeavor to create a somewhat screen accurate Bane costume from The Dark Knight Rises. Hopefully in time for Halloween.

As some of you may know, I make my living by designing and building props for the Film/TV industry. I am part of an amazing team of people that bring spectacular ideas to life for everyone to enjoy on the silver screen.
I will be using the same skills and tools that we use to bring similar projects to life. While this is my project, I will be seeking help and advice from my co-workers just like any other project. With this I hope to make something that can live up to my expectations and those of people who do this for a living.

While I do work in the industry, I (or the company I work for) had no hand in the making of Bane for The Dark Knight Rises. Everything I am creating is from scratch , based on photos and production stills found on Google Images.

I hope to make this a fun and exciting project; and with any luck I will be able to pull of the character, although that should prove to be the hardest part. :)
A little teaser. :)
BaneTeaser.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Fire Rises: Bane Costume

Looks super!! I love seeing the things you guys create for fun, can't wait to see more progress.

Using an amazing program called Magics to prep my model for 3D printing, typically this program is used to fix errors in the geometry that is not compatible with a given printer. But we have learned to take it to the next level. I use it to do advanced cutting operations. In this case, I have cut away the mask using my head model. So in theory, I should have a perfect fit.

For a more in-depth look at my project, be sure to follow my progress on Facebook.
My Bane Costume | Facebook

Printed the front portion of my Mask over the weekend. I am hoping to mold the mask base before halloween. I am afraid to wear it as is, it would be like wearing hard candy on my face. One wrong move and ::pshhing:: shattered.

When something virtual becomes reality, the feeling is amazing.
I do this for work everyday, but this project amplifies the effect, because it is my own.

Re: (New) My Bane Costume : The Fire Rises

That mask is tight! I'm amazed at what people/machines are capable of these days.

Thanks for the praise and encouragement. Progress has been a little on the slow side, but I am working on getting the mask base molded. Quick ly running out of time with Halloween right around the corner.

Claying the master for the mold. Watching The Walking Dead
View attachment 121313

Re: (New) My Bane Costume : The Fire Rises

We got it done just in time. there are some corners cut to make the deadline, but I plan to go back and enhance some of these oversights.

680572_552815661401252_719839825_o.jpg

At work just after Costume Contest. Sadly I took 3rd behind a Zombie and a Transvestite. Apparently some of my co-workers complained about the judges, lol.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back