Finished MPC VIPER

Constantine

Here are some pics of my MPC Colonel Viper with the upgraded Cockpit and clear Canopy. I did a little experimenting with "weathering", using tape and accenting panel lines, some pigments and 600 grit sand paper for wear down the red strips which are painted on and to create some chips and scratches. I have see some modelers on YouTube do a great job without using washes so I thought I'd try that. The guns are aluminum tubing with some small gauge wire wrapped around them.
Pat PHN 2019FEB 036.jpg
Pat PHN 2019FEB 037.jpg
Pat PHN 2019FEB 040.jpg
Pat PHN 2019FEB 041.jpg
Pat PHN 2019FEB 039.jpg

Excellent work!

Very convincing weathering effects. All the differences in panels looks very cool

I really need to try more of the "non-wash" techniques

She's a beauty! Your weathering look good and not overdone. I like the insets for the engines. In that rear shot she looks very close to the studio model. :)

She's a beauty! Your weathering look good and not overdone. I like the insets for the engines. In that rear shot she looks very close to the studio model. :)
Thanks, the inserts came from a BMP-3 Cyprus Service Tank 1/35 scale. Megahobby was selling them cheap in the clearance section and I bought a couple really cheap and they have yielded many great greebles. :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back