FINISHED !! MORE PIX!!!! TOS enterprise 22" lighted!

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by mr.predicta, Oct 25, 2004.

1. mr.predicta

mr.predicta Well-Known Member

New Pictures on page 3..including 3-D pictures in stereo.
    I had been contacted by a few people to reload the pictures of my Enterprise so Here are a few shots of another 4 year project finished up.
    I kind of went nuts with this one, It has all the lights of the 12 footer ,rotating nacelle lights,navigational strobes, and a Z scale bridge with view master shots of the command crew in the turbo lift and a shot of another galaxy class star ship in the main viewer.
    It also boasts a shuttle bay with rotating platform and doors.
    I added the decals to from Cult Tv man to complete this project.
    .All the electronics are accessible for replacement and the effects circuits are on a board inside the ships main hull, which is also removable.
    The nacelles are removable at the power units and the struts which are etched plugs. Woosh.

2. Archie Opteryx

Archie Opteryx Well-Known Member

That is amazing! Gotta love the bridge details!

3. STEVE THE SWEDE

STEVE THE SWEDE Sr Member

Insane! That's an awesome model, fantastic work! I don't know that much about Star Trek models but I sure appreciate a good model, no matter where it came from! Is it as big as the studio model?

Steve.

4. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's good work Predicta! [​IMG]

- k

5. darthjones

darthjones Well-Known Member

Jesus on a stick!!!!! This has got to be the best Enterprise model in this scale ever!!!! How can it be beat?! I saw the 12' once and this is even better than that from what I can see here. I love it when projects are crafted and refined WAAAY above all the others. Beautiful beautiful beautiful.

6. Dymerski

Dymerski Well-Known Member

MOTHER PUSS BUCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7. Rocketeer390

Rocketeer390 Well-Known Member

Breathtaking. I can't believe that Bridge! I salute you.

8. mr.predicta

Hey thanks! The hard part about lighting any kit for me is finding a Way to replace all those electronics .The worst thing is finishing a model with airbrushed details and then hacking it apart to replace a burned out light somewhere.The first Enterprise I built had that problem ,I vowed never to go through that again.If you look close most of the lights are on subminature plugs made from IC plugs and then soldered to custom etched boards.The lighting is still old school bulbs but now that diodes are available in white and you can get lightsheet -the refit model ,out soon ,maybe the next 4 year project on the table.
    I will post additional photos as soon as the decals show up.
    Mike Scott

9. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

wow man awesome!!

You have to post this over at starshipmodler forums in their ST section!! They will go nuts. Good Job.

10. Galactifan

Galactifan Sr Member

Incredible! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

11. imaginager

imaginager Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Okay, I've gotta ask...how do the shuttle bay doors work? Are the doors attached to the floor, and the floor rotates? Just one door is attached to the floor? Looks like both doors open, though...

Excellent craft! Thanks for posting that. Love to see it finished with decals. What's the next project???

Allan

12. mr.predicta

Both doors open .The one on the starboard side has a lower flange which connects it to the center of the circular platform located in front of the doors.if you look close you can see the brass pivot in the middle of the round platform .I haven't built a small shuttle yet but it will sit above this point so as you open the doors it will look as if a shuttle is moving into position to launch.

Man. am I a Geek.
    The next project is to finish the C57D from Forbidden planet.that has moving landing gear and rotating fusion core.
    off subject I also fabricate scratch built custom cars from the 60's I am just about finished with Redd fox's Little redd Wrecker show rod.
    MSL

13. imaginager

MSL, thanks for the reply - that is just a "shocking" level of detail! Very impressive! I love that bridge dome!

[​IMG]

14. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

OHMYGOD! I just saw this! You guys are soooooo tempting me to get into SS models with all this stuff! I've only done general models, some kit bashing, etc. but when I see this...

WOW!

15. philippes

philippes Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

HOLY MOTHER OF... Awesome!!

Phil

16. Flix4Me

Flix4Me Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow! Job well done. Definitely over the top! [​IMG]

Did you scratch-build all of the lighting?

edit: Added question.

17. Captain JTK

Captain JTK New Member

Oustanding...
    Simply Outstanding!

18. mr.predicta

All the circuitry is scratch built to fit into the main hull and the lighting is replacement friendly.most of the main sections where the wires come together have special etched boards to make changing burned out bulbs easier. the Nacelles have 20 LEDs in yellow and green with a few pieces of defraction plastic to make the lights defused and powerfull looking.In the middle of the disk is an orange panel light that gives the illusion of the fan blade effect.
    the nacelle lights counter rotate as in the tv series.
    I have to build a power supply to use with this model as of now I have three transformers on a power strip .
    thanks for all the positive feedback.
    Mike scott

19. SgtFang

SgtFang Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

ISD, I LOVE that banner! Are you on the BFF?
    www.bigfootforums.com

Jeeeeze.... that bridge...[​IMG]

-Sarge

20. imaginager

Sarge, nope hadn't found that site, yet - thanks. Been reading through all the cases at bfro.net, though.

Huge Bigfoot fan since I was a kid in the '70s. Just got the Discovery Channel special on DVD, with the Roger Patterson footage, in the mail today.

I don't know about the 16mm footage from RP. But, I think that with so many sightings - some of which are within 12 miles of where I live in the Oregon Willamette Valley - there's got to be something to it.

And, if not, the accounts make for very interesting reading!

Regards,
    Allan

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic!
    Again, fantastic Enterprise! [​IMG]

21. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Awesome!

22. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

I said it before, I'll say it again...OHMYFLIPPINGOD!

That has to be one of the most amazing models of the Enterprise I have ever seen! Heck, one of the most amazing models period! That bridge and shuttle details, the lights, etc. on a 22" are just mind blowing.

Incredible work!

23. Flix4Me

Flix4Me Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Beautiful! The detail work is amazing. And it's even more so because of the scale you did it in!

edit: too many KC's

24. rhboyd

rhboyd Well-Known Member

Absolutely fantastic.

A total dream come true. I can only imagine the peace that you must feel sitting in a darkened room, staring endlessly for hours at that beauty... right before packing it up and shipping it to my house.

[​IMG]

Seriously... fantastic work. Be very proud.

-r!

25. Dymerski

Dymerski Well-Known Member

You are my Hero!!!!
    not only is it amazing but just the idea of the bridge and shuttle bay are great!!

One of the best things I have seen on the RPF!!!!

26. mr.predicta

Thanks guys. It is indeed like owning your own personal city.

27. phase pistol

Well, what to say... that is a breathtaking Enterprise!

You did an amazing job on the "usual stuff" ALONE (subtle weathering, nacelle lights, etc.) but the shuttle bay and BRIDGE really put it over the top.

I hope you'll send that in to Starshipmodeler.com and Culttvman, it's a truly award-winning piece. [​IMG]

- Karl

28. darthjones

Yes. I doubt you or anyone could have made this model any better. There is just no way. It is clear that you need to see a doctor though. I love people who take it that far. MORE of you out here need to do that! Predicta has sent up the flag! Call to arms! No more "good enough" on ANY of your projects, people! You know who you are here and there. Career? Don't go. Kids? Have them play on the freeway. Wife? She can date your buddies. All of that is dead weight. Over the top, people. Let's go!

29. imaginager

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well, Predicta did say it took 4 years!

Great job - that is just amazing! Tremendous photography, too. Post more pics!!!

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
    darthjones wrote:
    <HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
    ...No more "good enough" on ANY of your projects, people! You know who you are here and there. Career? Don't go. Kids? Have them play on the freeway. Wife? She can date your buddies. All of that is dead weight. Over the top, people. Let's go!
    </TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

30. mr.predicta

here are a few more pictures of the bridge.since you all seem to want to get a better look at it .I love this model I can almost take the whole thing apart so pulling out the bridge was no problem.

Thanks wackychimp.your so wacky..

31. phase pistol

OK the round viewscreens on the walls kill the whole thing for me.

Just kidding! [​IMG]

- Karl

32. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

That turbolift pic is just killer. Amazing.

33. mr.predicta

The photos are from a view master reel .if you look close, the turbo lift pix is actually from the transporter room I just dyed the bottom of the floor blue.
    You do your best with what ya got.
    Cheers!
    MSL

34. Rocketeer390

Superb! I'm inspired to try to do something with my Polar Lights kit.

35. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

That is absolutely beautiful, Mike! [​IMG] Congratulations on a staying the course and seeing this through to the end. You can be proud of this baby!

36. EchoLeader

EchoLeader Well-Known Member

You Sir are a steely eyed missile man!

37. Archie Opteryx

Archie Opteryx Well-Known Member

Absolutely incredible [​IMG]

38. mr.predicta

This model is now listed on the Culttvman web site.
    now and forever!
    thanks for all the positive feedback it gives us modelers the inspiration to finish our projects.

39. Cyberman

Cyberman Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh My Gowd!!!

That thing has more detail in it than the original 10ft model!

Fantastic work.

40. darthjones

I cast you out, unclean spirit, along with every Satanic power of the enemy, every spectre from hell, and all your fell companions; in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Begone and stay far from this creature of God. For it is He who commands you, He who flung you headlong from the heights of heaven into the depths of hell. It is He who commands you, He who once stilled the sea and the wind and the storm. Hearken, therefore, and tremble in fear, Satan, you enemy of the faith, you foe of the human race, you begetter of death, you robber of life, you corrupter of justice, you root of all evil and vice; seducer of men, betrayer of the nations, instigator of envy, font of avarice, fomentor of discord, author of pain and sorrow.

Definitely a case of possession! If some of you are scratching your heads, the above is from the Catholic Rite of Exorcism.

41. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

I love that ship....fantastic....

[​IMG],

Thomas [​IMG]

42. rad1701

rad1701 Sr Member

Simply a beautiful job and lovely piece. Be very proud of all your work on it! I'm drooling here. [​IMG]

43. mr.predicta

44. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

Dude, I had the guy who helped me finish my lighted 22" look at your pic's over on CiltTVMan's site as a reference of the "ultimate" build up. It's nice to hear from you to compliment you more directly. Beautiful work.
    Oh, here's my more simple effort.

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...type=post&id=62

45. mr.predicta

Thats hardly a simple build up. Anyone who puts the effort into lighting a model is a craftsman in my book.The whole aspect of the project takes on a new dimention of difficulty .I think the only people to truly appreciate what goes into such a build are thoes who do the same.
    Nice Job..
    Mike Scott

46. mr.predicta

Yet another glaring omision has been pointed out .
    Here are a few shots showing how I handled the rear of the nacells .The end caps were covered with a thin corrugated foil for train cars this made the detail sharper.the round power units are glass marbles with a metalic sheen, with the lights off they look like metal bearings .

47. Rocketeer390

it keeps getting better with every photo. Magnificent. Magnificent.

48. Rylo

Rylo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

WOW. Just WOW.

49. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

I still can't compare to your supreme edition...but here's mine in her finally glory :)

[attachmentid=972]

While we are on the subject, I have some nacelle sag on the port side. How could I remedy that? It the nacelle is dropping towards the back end...could I add some JB Weld where the nacelle and pylon coonect and try and freeze it into a straighter line? I'm at a loss...

50. mr.predicta

here is the last photo I will post of this enterprise Its the shuttle bay finished. I have to alter some of the lighting especially on the bridge because the bulbs are too hot .I will try to remedy this with light wire one or two strands should light up the bridge and interior with out generating heat.Im now collecting enough light sheet and wire to tackle the Refit project.