Finished Matsuo Halo 3 SMG

tubachris85x

Master Member
Finally had some time off from work and wanted to work on something. I've had this piece for awhile now and never had a real chance to finish it until yesterday! It's a very beautiful piece of art. Looks pretty darn real to me! My biggest compliment to this is the way it is constructed. It came assembled, but utilized screws and is VERY solid piece all around. The magazine is removable and he embedded magnets into it which coincided to the larger bolts that hold the mag "well" in place. An awesome touch being that the bolt handle is cast in metal. The only gluing needed was the bottom piece of the trigger guard. Everything else is all paint. I'm very happy with this piece! I just wish I had a second one to duel wield!

IMG_9769.jpg

IMG_9768.jpg

IMG_9778.jpg

IMG_9780.jpg

IMG_9784.jpg

-TC

Matsuo is an artist. I've got a few of his other pieces and yes, the engineering is top notch.

Your work really makes it shine. How did you paint the front barrel? It looks like you've just come back from a long day with that beast.

Thanks for sharing.

Ted.

Matsuo is an artist. I've got a few of his other pieces and yes, the engineering is top notch.

Your work really makes it shine. How did you paint the front barrel? It looks like you've just come back from a long day with that beast.

Thanks for sharing.

Ted.

Well the barrel's look was inspired by the original photos Matsuo published when he completed them. I merely mimicked how he did his. Since the entire piece was cold cast, I took the barrel, sprayed it completly flat black, and started carefully sanding around it with steel wool, and was very careful sanding to get the ring effect I was going for. I'm really happy how well it turned out!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back