Finished, James Bond....Full Size

The Mantis

Sr Member
On the right mannequin now. Finally finished. Looks 10X better in real life than in these pics but wanted to get them posted right away for the five Bond fans that are on this board...;)

Thanks to Steve and Howard for their crazy talent and friendship.

bond.jpg

bond2.jpg

bond3.jpg

bond4.jpg

bond5.jpg

bond6.jpg

If it had've been a Vader post there would have been 20 replies by now. ;)

Looks great mate - I like the way you have displayed him in front of the Bond poster. :)

Nice suit, too. :thumbsup

Regards

Al

Originally posted by The Mantis+Feb 18 2006, 06:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Mantis @ Feb 18 2006, 06:55 AM)</div>
wanted to get them posted right away for the five Bond fans that are on this board...[/b]
Make that six fans. :p

<!--QuoteBegin-ob1al
@Feb 19 2006, 03:23 AM
If it had've been a Vader post there would have been 20 replies by now. ;)
I do like the reflection of the Trooper in the glass of the poster. :D

I think his tie could be a little bit tigher (the knot looks quite big)
But I'm just knit picking
In addition to the knot of the tie, I think the sleeves of his jacket need to be a bit longer, too. (Or is it that the mannequin's arms need to be a touch shorter?) Either way, there's a little too much shirtcuff showing. On an ordinary bloke this wouldn't be such a big deal, but you know that all of 007's suits are immaculately tailored. (Where does he get the money on a government salary? Oh, yeah. The baccarat table.)

But yeah, these are nits. Very cool display. :thumbsup

{EDIT} Oops. I see that the fellow who originally posted the tie comment has edited the nitpick out of his post. Now I'm embarrassed. :$ Well, I'll remove his name from my quote since he decided he didn't want to post that comment, but in the interest of constructive suggestions, I'll leave my bit about the jacket intact. I do think it's a great display.

I love the overall display. The poster behind it sets it off just right.
Is that a Magnoli suit too? I know you just got your Goldfinger suit not too long ago.

Oops.  I see that the fellow who originally posted the tie comment has edited the nitpick out of his post.  Now I'm embarrassed.  :$  Well, I'll remove his name from my quote since he decided he didn't want to post that comment, but in the interest of constructive suggestions, I'll leave my bit about the jacket intact.  I do think it's a great display.

Guilty as charged. I mentioned the tie, then thought I wouldn't as it was only a minor point...

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not too sure. :p ;)

Al

ALL great suggestions. The sleeves are going to be a tough one but certainly need to be adjusted. As far as the tie, ugggh, it looks like a caravat the way I tied it and certainly a windsor knot or full would be more appropriate...consider it fixed. Stay tuned for adjustments...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back