finished deadmau5 head

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by PIDGE, May 1, 2012.

1. PIDGE

PIDGE New Member

hey guys.im new to the whole prop scene.just sharing some of my deadmau5 head pics..i stupidly never took any pics of the head in production.so its just the finished head..

well,it started life as a regular beachball.that i paper mache'd all over,except the bottom,for a head hole.think it was about eight or so coats.when it was ready.
    then removed the ball by deflating it.
    then i drew the outline of the mouth,and cut it out in a shape i was happy with
    then got some cheap red felt to cover it,using staples to hold it on.
    the ears were just cardboard coated with pva,with metal rods running through them to attach them to the head.
    the eyes,were a ball i got from an arcade machine that contained little toys.that i just painted white and glued to the head.
    and the mouth cover was just some mesh material i found in the house,that easily stapled on the inside of the mouth.....

not much,but i was happy with the result for such a small budget,so close to halloween.i think it was no more than 20 euro

Attached Files:

2. redbridge1

redbridge1 Member

Welcome to the RPF pidge!!!

Great work
    How did you keep it steady on your head or was it wobbling it looks pretty centred?

3. PIDGE

PIDGE New Member

thank you redbridge1..

oh,sorry,i forgot to mention.i used the inside plastic from a construction workers hardhat,to keep it steady and size it to fit my head

4. redbridge1

redbridge1 Member

Nice work are the eyes glowing or is that a camera flash effect

5. PIDGE

PIDGE New Member

cheers.no i just did that in photoshop to give my facebook profile a bit of pizzazz!!

6. redbridge1

redbridge1 Member