FINISHED Arcann/Thexan Lightsaber (SWTOR)

Re: Arcann/Thexan Lightsaber (SWTOR) *With New Pictures of the Print!

Thanks! A lot of effort went into making the model so hopefully it pays off as well as the mask did!

Re: Arcann/Thexan Lightsaber (SWTOR) *ITS HERE!

After some time, and a lot of spot putty later, things are really managing to come together just how I wanted it too!

This thing is definitely a piece of work though, so stay tuned if you'd like for more updates

After some time, and a lot of spot putty later, things are really managing to come together just how I wanted it too!

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy98/JaxAndTheMoon/DSC_0031_zpsdf3mufyx.jpg

This thing is definitely a piece of work though, so stay tuned if you'd like for more updates

If available, is it possible to send me the 3d print files for this once its done? I'm a huge fan of KOTFE and i can't find a good design for Arcann's saber anywhere. I really love what you've done with it. I'm not sure if you are doing a file of the saber without the crystal showing but if you are, and it is a finished design, can you please send it to me! It looks awesome!

Thanks Jax. I'd love to get a copy of your saber to add to my collection.

If available, is it possible to send me the 3d print files for this once its done? I'm a huge fan of KOTFE and i can't find a good design for Arcann's saber anywhere. I really love what you've done with it. I'm not sure if you are doing a file of the saber without the crystal showing but if you are, and it is a finished design, can you please send it to me! It looks awesome!

While I'm not willing to give away my files, I have put them up on Shapeways if you're interested. Being a hero scale saber, it's rather large, so just be warned!

Here's a link to my store: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/legacybuilds

Re: Arcann/Thexan Lightsaber (SWTOR) *Now Available

So big update today!

While I was making small progress here and there with the main body print, I asked my friend Mili (Schrodinger555) to help out with the chamber making. I had the chamber chassis printed and sent off to him, which arrived in a timely manner! I sent over all of the details and designs that I made for the chamber, and he got to work over the past week.

Now, keep in mind, this credit goes all to him. This chamber is tiny, and when I mean tiny, I REALLY mean tiny. the biggest piece has a max length of .9 inches, and everything is coming down to millimeters. He did a great job making this possible. Thanks buddy :)

ALSO! The chamber chassis isn't finished yet. I will finish it up and sand it down and paint it semi gloss or flat black... I can't decide yet.

First up, the small pegs that hold the crystal in place.

Those are looking pretty awesome, exactly how I imagined them to look!

Next was the LED holder. This is the biggest piece in the whole chamber.

Testing the chamber fit with the rails...

The brass is drilled through and aligned before being turned into rings.

Now, Mili had the great idea of using the (excuse the lack of proper terminology) beady things on the end of guitar strings to space out the rings to give it a different look, and also so that he didn't have to create super tiny spacers ;) Both of us being avid guitar players who use Floyd Rose bridges, he had plenty of them lying around from having to cut them off every time we swap strings.

So after coming up with that, things started really shaping up! He cut them all down, and then tested the fitting before cutting them in half.

Damn.... I love it :D I can't wait to get this baby finished and installed into the rest of the saber!

I can't believe how well these projects of mine have come along. From masks to lightsabers, I've come a long way since this past year. It wasn't alone either! But I won't go into another rant on this thread :p

More updates will come eventually. Thanks guys!

Re: Arcann/Thexan Lightsaber (SWTOR) *NEW CHAMBER PICS

More updates!

The chamber rings were cut down and shaped off, and then everything was lined up and assembled! He threw an amber LED in there for good measure to test out the lighting of the crystal. He put one of the crystals's he had in there, and then used a small battery for testing. The crystal won't be the same size as the one I had, but it's just a test!

This thing is awesome!

Here I took a screen shot of the actual cinematic from the Knights of the Fallen Empire Trailer, and here's where they were assembling their first lightsaber.

And here's the real life version!

Oh man! I love it... :eek

Let me know what you guys think!

Re: Arcann/Thexan Lightsaber (SWTOR) *NEW CHAMBER PICS

This is a awesome work. Bravo sir!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back