Finished Alien Warrior (Swampdonkey)--PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by toothboy, May 12, 2012.

1. toothboy

toothboy Active Member

I've had this awesome casting from Swampdonkey for over a year, and got sidetracked on it while working on my R2. But I finally got around to finishing it for display. Still got one of Brundlefly's Alien heads to do also...

Anyway, it was painted with an airbrush and sealed with a clear coat. Tendons are condoms superglued on. I made the base out of wood and weathered it to look like metal. The pole is simply a gas pipe screwed into a floor flange in the base. I then got a piece of plastic tubing to go over it and painted it to look like metal.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Looks MEAN!! Nice work!

3. Leigh

Leigh Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks Amazing!! Lovely paint job :)

The tendons have come out great & the stand/base is perfect! nice & simple, functional & attractive.

Top job (y)thumbsup:thumbsup :)

4. Bowelrock

Bowelrock Sr Member

Do want! Did you use condoms for the tendons?

5. 88reaper88

88reaper88 Active Member

I'd love to see some 'in the dark' pics.

Great work :)

6. Fluxcapacitor

Fluxcapacitor Well-Known Member

Looks amazing! Need something like that hanging over my front door to keep solicitors away.

7. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

Looks great! I'm curious as to how you got the latex to stay in one place because of the natural tendency for it to spring back?

8. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Love it, especially the tendons.

9. toothboy

toothboy Active Member

Superglued one end, let it sit for a few minutes, then stretched it to position and superglued the other end while holding it in place for a minute or so. Was surprised it worked out as well as it did.

10. toothboy

toothboy Active Member

Thanks Leigh, this means a lot coming from someone of your expertise and talent. Now if I could only get a casting of your masterpiece...:)

11. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Well-Known Member

Couldnt have done better myself, ma man! Stunning and as close to screen accurate as Ive ever seen. Im glad to see it found its way to an exceptionally good home.

You'll be happy to know that Im finally getting off my lazy * and making the tounge, complete with the human incisors that you so generously donated (as used in the film) now that Ive located the original tubing used to make the body of the tongue. It would have been done much sooner but finding 30yr old corrugated tubing proved to be a bit of a challenge lol.

If you're interested in adding the tongue, PM me. Obviously you get a 100% discount:)
    Everone who's ended up with one of these owes a debt of gratitude to ToothBoy. Without his faith and contributions this project would have sat in my garage for who knows how long.

Great job, and THANKS AGAIN!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  12. 101

101 Member

She's a beauty! :love

13. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member

Very nice work!!!! What adhesive did you use for the tendons?

14. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Awesome piece and paint work. You gonna add the lips as well?

15. Harry Harris

Harry Harris Well-Known Member

Wow! That's a great looking piece, and one of the best and most screen-accurate paint jobs I think I've ever seen on an Aliens head. Good work!

Harry