FINISHED - 1:1 TFA Captain America Display

Here is an update:

I painted the star on the chest a
Metallic silver instead of keeping it white, I also painted some old Christmas decorations (stars) and added them to the shoulders to complete the 3D look.

I also made a decision on what to do for the stand. I will add some faux brick to the wall in the inset the display sits in and make a base that looks like concrete fore him to stand on. Behind the mannequin I will hang a few WWII war propaganda posters and if space permits a old crate or two with the old stark industries logo or SSR logo. Thoughts?

I also painted my Avengers style helmet (still need the soft portion of the cowl) and my M-1 Bucky rescue helmet (waiting on the goggles to arrive) to include on concrete colored corner shelves in the display. Any thoughts or suggestions are still welcome.

I have a new phone/camera ordered, so Tuesday I will take better pics of the suit itself and update as I finish the stand, but here is another shot I took with the recently finished helmet (I'm looking forward to getting the finished fettster bust to go under it)

010.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 TFA Cap Display (Pics added 11-17-2011)

WOW! I love it, man... wonderful job on the display. Looking forward to seeing the faux brick added in

Thanks. I got my new phone in tonight and took a few new shots. I just looked at them and they are more clear, but very dark.

We are sleep training my youngest son, so he is actually temporarily sleeping in my prop room so I can't go in and take better pics tonight.

I will try to get some good clear shots tomorrow morning and get them up tomorrow.

Wow! That is looking amazing sir! You have my envy.:) I would love to have a 1:1 Display like that. Kudos man. Your living my dream!:lol

Your whole prop room looks incredible.
I wanna come sleep there too.:lol
Great job on Cap!

Fantastic display so far!! I love your ideas about the Avengers helmet and Buck rescue lid to be used on the display too. Can't wait to see more pics!! :)

Chris

ok, so I was able to take some better shots today. Here they are:

1st I took a shot of the newly painted star:

b36fb115.jpg

some detail on the stomach.
e77d8e1a.jpg

the sides
227c4d3f.jpg

the shoulder with the new 3D star
24e5a610.jpg

the top of the shoulder
31a6d50f.jpg

the golves
d4d7868a.jpg

the belt
4c6652be.jpg

the legs
a40cfcc1.jpg

and the boots
502d009f.jpg

Thanks, I just wish I had a better set of buckles for it that fit the current belt I have.

Hopefully when the shield comes in it will be less noticeable.

I went ahead and fixed my belt problem. This is my first attempt at posting pics from my phone to the RPF, so I hope the pics show up ok

Assuming they did, one is obviously a before pic and the other is with the more accurate belt buckle.

Before:
8abe66a4.jpg

After:
5f5c966a.jpg

6dd0f50d.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 TFA Cap Display (NEW Pics NOV 23rd)

Loving the new pics...it's gonna be a fantastic display! The suit looks great...that mannequin pose is perfect.

Chris

Star looks good. I cast one in silver using a powder in the mold so let me know if the painting works for you. If you don't flex it much it should stick.

Bamabat

Where did your helmet come from? It's awesome! This isn't the helmet that came with the costume you purchased.

I got the unfinished shell from eBay and painted it myself.

The leather portion was in another helmet that punisherNC sold me that I pulled out of his and added to mine. I think earlier in this thread he posted who made the leather, also just search "Captain America helmet" on eBay and it will pull up the shell for you. They run about $130 + shipping

I gotta say, this display is going to look awesome CaptainSuperman! Thanks for the tip on the helmet.

Guys,

I just wanted to drop a note of thanks for the compliments on the leather chin strap I made for Mike's (PunisherNC's) helmet. CaptainSuperman, it looks like you did an excellent job of removing it from Mike's helmet and putting it into yours, considering it was glued in with JB Weld! :thumbsup

Love the new helmet, btw.

Dale Morton
Dale Morton Studio Mascot Costumes - Home

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back