Fine Molds Slave 1

2tall

Hi all, I've had this kit since around 2015 or so and I recently finished it up. There are some greeblies added to the wing and strut undercarriage areas, as well as a Micro Machines Action Fleet Boba Fett figure, which looks to be a closer size than the small pilot figure included in the kit.
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 1.43.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 1.42.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 1.42.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 1.42.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 1.41.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I have to shout out to John Mersea and Guy Cowen on the colors, they really have the colors down.

One last shot, below, I think captures how the ship looks in everyday life. It almost has a greyed out look to it due to grime and grey dust color over sprays that were applied.

Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 9.19.53 AM.png

The last shot is totally a Ralph Macquarie matt painting exact replica! Brilliant!
That was actually one of the few that McQuarrie didn't paint - it was done by Harrison Ellenshaw and actually incorporated a photograph of the model.

Image-03.jpg

But that was exactly what I thought of as well, 2tall - nice fading/greying of the colors. Well done (y)

Beautiful paint and weathering job. I am currently working on this model and a little nervous about the paint job, lol

That was actually one of the few that McQuarrie didn't paint - it was done by Harrison Ellenshaw and actually incorporated a photograph of the model.

View attachment 1484603

But that was exactly what I thought of as well, 2tall - nice fading/greying of the colors. Well done (y)
They also flipped/mirror imaged that shot

that is actually the other side of the ship. This should have been the correct orientation for the shot

Slave1 Correct orientation (2).png

Excellent build, but thread title is misleading: this is Boba Fett's starship. I don't understand why we all can't just do what the Mouse wants.

I particularly like that green-grey color you used modeled on the sides of the ship, matches the ILM painting very well. It’s a tough color to get right.

Can you share what you used? Thanks

I particularly like that green-grey color you used modeled on the sides of the ship, matches the ILM painting very well. It’s a tough color to get right.

Can you share what you used? Thanks
I believe that was Vallejo flat green with a little blue violet added to cool it down.

Looks fantastic! I'd love to have a nice Slave I model to display one of these days! I also never realized the ship is actually hovering in that matte painting!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back