Fine Molds Falcon!

Originally posted by JediDave+Aug 25 2005, 12:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JediDave @ Aug 25 2005, 12:23 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-xeno
@Aug 23 2005, 12:16 PM
allright people get your pre orders in :)
and at a great price too

http://www.hlj.com/product/FNMSW-06

Xeno
[snapback]1063828[/snapback]​
I wish they explained the shipping options in more detail.

Betwen SAL (Surface Air Lift) and EMS (International Express Mail), I don't which is cheaper or better.
[snapback]1064828[/snapback]​
[/b]

SAL is cheaper, can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to arrive. Usually doesn't include insurance...if it does, EMS is probably the better way to go as it will only be a bit more expensive. EMS is insured and takes about 4-5 days.

Originally posted by JediDave+Aug 24 2005, 08:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JediDave @ Aug 24 2005, 08:23 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-xeno
@Aug 23 2005, 12:16 PM
allright people get your pre orders in :)
and at a great price too

http://www.hlj.com/product/FNMSW-06

Xeno
[snapback]1063828[/snapback]​
I wish they explained the shipping options in more detail.

Betwen SAL (Surface Air Lift) and EMS (International Express Mail), I don't which is cheaper or better.
[snapback]1064828[/snapback]​
[/b]

Shipping is in the FAQ on HLJ - SAL = cheaper & slower, EMS = Pricey and fast

SAL could take up to a few weeks.

wynnstudio

The Millenium Falcon box would be too big and I'm sure it won't qualify for SAL shipping, so though you may mark it as "SAL" in shipping prefeered method, they'll ship it EMS. It happened to me with the Slave 1, box was too big for SAL measure limits... so keep that in mind.

Regards,
Sergio

Originally posted by wynnstudio@Aug 25 2005, 05:32 PM

Shipping is in the FAQ on HLJ  - SAL = cheaper & slower, EMS = Pricey and fast

wynnstudio
[snapback]1065298[/snapback]​

Just placed my order last night. Can't wait. It would be nice if it got here in december but the way things go I'm betting on sometime q1 2006. We'll see.

Originally posted by spinner 44@Aug 25 2005, 02:57 PM
The Millenium Falcon box would be too big and I'm sure it won't qualify for SAL shipping, so though you may mark it as "SAL" in shipping prefeered method, they'll ship it EMS. It happened to me with the Slave 1, box was too big for SAL measure limits... so keep that in mind.

Regards,
Sergio

Originally posted by wynnstudio@Aug 25 2005, 05:32 PM

Shipping is in the FAQ on HLJ  - SAL = cheaper & slower, EMS = Pricey and fast

wynnstudio
[snapback]1065298[/snapback]​
[snapback]1065370[/snapback]​

Originally posted by bobbyfett@Jun 21 2005, 03:44 PM
  Same thing goes for the AT-AT.  I'd also love to have the AT-AT, but there's no way I could ever afford it. 
[snapback]1017465[/snapback]​

I don' think Finemolds made an AT-AT....

The falcon looks great, but too darn small. :(

Lynn

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369@Aug 25 2005, 08:12 PM

The falcon  looks great, but too darn small. :(

Lynn
[snapback]1065541[/snapback]​

Yeah I wish it were bigger too. But I signed up anyway. But on the positive side I guess now I'll just have room for another model. Maybe I'll see if I can get back on the list for one of moe's bsg vipers or just grab the finemolds Slave I. Anyone build that one ? (sorry- OT)

I could never justify the $$$, but how big is the MR falcon going to be?

I'm told it just shy of the size of the Ertl. There's a great shot of a guy holding the top piece, and it's the lentgh of his forearm. In my mind, that size is just fine. If it's anything like that Slave I they did, then I'll be very happy indeed. Just the thoughtof the paint job is giving me the shivers..

They said it was 12 inches in diameter which should put it around 15ish inches long... like someone else said just a little smaller then the ERTL falcon but whole lot better :)

Jedi Dade

really looking forward to getting this one, gotta remember to use EMS shipping, now if they'd make an executor super star destroyer I'd be a happy camper.

Originally posted by slave1driver@Aug 26 2005, 01:54 PM
Maybe I'll see if I can get back on the list for one of moe's bsg vipers or just grab the finemolds Slave I.  Anyone build that one ? (sorry- OT)
yes me: FM Slave 1

This just in: new pix at Hobbylink Japan. :D

IMG_9569.jpg

http://www.hlj.com/showreports/ths05/ths-falcon/index.html

- k

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back