Fine Molds Custom 1/144 & 1/72 Radar Dish

Well, I tried a youtube clip, it didn't go as planned.... here's some pics

72dish01.jpg

72dish02.jpg

72dish03.jpg

72dish04.jpg

The dish still needs two more detail pieces, some cleaning, a good sanding, and another coat of prime before I pour rubber over it.

I'll start adding the details to the 144 dish. It won't take as long,.... I had all the details on one mould.

Last edited:
Awesome! Definately need to get one. Who´s gonna produce it?

Thanks DD. I'll be making a mould of the entire dish plus the two detail parts for the back, and cast them as needed.

Again, Simply Excellent Sir!

Thank you Capt. Solo (BP) you're too kind.

what we're witnessing here...is a public service

Just giving back to the community. Everyone here has been generous, helpful and kind to me.

Here's a size comparison with the stock dish and the 144 that I'm also working on. You'll also see the other detail parts for the back side in the image.

72dish05.jpg

Hi all, here's the details on the small dish compared to the 72nd dish. I'll more than likely rework the centre details on the back of the 144 dish.

radardish.jpg

Sounds great Scratchy. I will definately want at least two sets of each. Just saw the two videos you posted. Very entertaining and informative.

If possible could you post pictures of your molds and the casting process? I think many of us would like to see the parts as they get made.

Here's a pic of the first couple pulls. On the third pull of the 72nd dish, the details came out really good. I want to get a stock pile going.

radarcast.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back